Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered User

Location: croydon
Angry john adamson

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made of all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. I dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, but then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid. Anyone got any sugestions?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
gonefishn

Default john adamson

"john adamson" wrote in message

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made of
all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the
back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. I
dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, but
then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid.
Anyone got any sugestions?

Stick it with a pitchfork then haul ass if something comes after you! :-)

Old 13-04-2006, 11:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

"john adamson" wrote in message

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made of
all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the
back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. I
dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, but
then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid.
Anyone got any sugestions?

Two points: one, it's *your* shed, not the freeloader's and two,
anything still in hibernation smaller than a bear needs to have its ass
kicked out of there. I like the pitchfork idea.
In the extreme, put its head on a pike as a warning to other
freeloaders.

Tom

Old 13-04-2006, 11:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"john adamson" wrote in message

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made of
all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the
back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. I
dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, but
then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid.
Anyone got any sugestions?

Two points: one, it's *your* shed, not the freeloader's and two,
anything still in hibernation smaller than a bear needs to have its ass
kicked out of there. I like the pitchfork idea.
In the extreme, put its head on a pike as a warning to other
freeloaders.

Tom

or a gentle stirring with the pitchfork may be more humane. Just consider
how you would like your wife to rouse you from bed every morning and then
extend the same courtesy to the sleeping animal. A cup of tea and toast may
not go amiss.

rob

Old 14-04-2006, 02:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

[...]

Mmm, I'll forward your reply to my wife. The pitchfork thing - I got
that idea from her. Now I awaken early.

Tom

Old 14-04-2006, 02:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
gonefishn

"john adamson" wrote in message

Large nest in the corner of shed
I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made of
all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to the
back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. I
dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, but
then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid.
Anyone got any sugestions?

If a more humane method is desired;
Tape a tarp over the entire mess.
Light a 'gopher gasser' (or similar), set inside a coffee can (non
flammable) and set under the tarp.
Ensure the garden hose is nearby just in case something ignites.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message
> [...]

"john adamson" wrote in

message

[...]

are you used to your wife sticking you with a pitchfork first thing in the
morning?

rob

Old 14-04-2006, 12:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

[...]

rob, let's stick to the topic. Have you any other methods for removing
cornered critters from a shed's interior? Ideally, the methods would
minimize any chance of personal injury by the alarmed animal as it sought an
escape route. In my experience, cornered critters cannot be counted on to
react like a (Walt) Disney character. On occasion, their reactions can cause
an adrenalin rush in the shed's owner.

Tom

Old 14-04-2006, 12:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"- Tom -" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

[...]

nothing much I can add then eh. what about a hose.

rob

Old 14-04-2006, 06:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"George.com" wrote in message

"- Tom -" wrote in message

[...]

I prefer a 12-gauge Mossberg. Gets 'em every time.

Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 12:25 AM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is Expats Puppeton a String! John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 06-09-2008 05:21 PM
john adamson john adamson Gardening 0 02-04-2006 05:15 PM
John Deere 300 trans dipstick help Chris Szilagyi Gardening 0 28-01-2003 08:55 PM