GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black Eyed Susans...deadhead? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/142361-black-eyed-susans-deadhead.html)

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com 13-04-2006 05:26 PM

Black Eyed Susans...deadhead?

Am I supposed to deadhead black eyed susans from last year?

Eggs Zachtly 14-04-2006 02:16 AM

Black Eyed Susans...deadhead?

said:

Am I supposed to deadhead black eyed susans from last year?

I've always cut them back after they've finished either blooming (if you
don't want them to re-sow), or after they've dropped seeds (if you do).

--
Eggs

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com 15-04-2006 08:28 PM

Black Eyed Susans...deadhead?

I've always cut them back after they've finished either blooming

Thanks...they put in so many different plants last year, I've been
confused about what's supposed to "come back to life," and what's
supposed to start new growth from the ground.