Old 20-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Wiltshire
Default Petrol Lawn Mower recommendations

Hi all,

I've just registered here as we are about to complete on a house next Monday.

The place is in around an arce of land and I'd say half of that is probably grass.

The present owner tells me it takes 2 hours a week to cut so I'm in the market for a decent mower (not a sit on).

Where should I be looking? Which models? Is it wise to buy from the web of a dealer?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 23-04-2006, 03:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly

Honda

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 23-04-2006, 04:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

--
barbel

Monday, I bought a Toro super recycler model with the "Personal Pace"
self-propulsion mechanism. So far, with lush grass it recycles just fine.
The personal pace thing works well, too. I plan on having my teenage
daughter "push" it today. Well, that's *my* plan, anyhow. :-\
My choice was between a Honda HRR model and a Toro. If the HRR model had
electric start, preferred by my wife, I would have bought the Honda because
I perceive their engines to be higher quality. But I wasn't going to pay the
extra money to get the commercial quality Honda *with* electric start.

Tom