Old 18-05-2006, 10:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Crab grass!

wrote:
rgr that. I was referring to those that constantly give out bad advice.

Gotcha that time, eggs.
Old 19-05-2006, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

wrote:
Dood... I like yer style. =)

I may be totally wrong but I'm a dancing fool. ($1 F Zappa)
Old 19-05-2006, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dan

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
Dood... I like yer style. =)

I may be totally wrong but I'm a dancing fool. ($1 F Zappa)

A Zappa fan?
Heheh, I knew there was somethin' I liked about you.

Uncle Remus sfsf

Old 19-05-2006, 05:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Like I told you before your extension guy did, timing is critical
with that approach. Too soon can root prune, and too late won't
work. You'll still end up with some of it.

Who exactly are you addressing this comment to?

You.

Well you must have me confused with someone else.

Nope.

Because I was never
discussing using pre emergent for poa trivialis with you or anyone else
before talking to the agricultural extension.

You didn't read this part of the thread?

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
-snippage-
Hi Trader.
I may pull a remaining clump and take it to the local state agri

service for identification, as I've been curious as to exactly what
this is for awhile. Quack grass is on my list of possibilities too.

It might be quack if it hasn't gone to seed yet, or it could also be some
sort of bizarre annual rye, or blue...or, if it is or has seeded. (?)

As someone else has already suggested, the only way to attempt a control
of an annual grass infestation is with a late summer pre-emergent
crabgrass control product application. (the same product you'd use in the
spring)

You have to lay it down before the annual grasses
re-germinate....otherwise their whole life cycle starts over. (timing is
critical)

It's a real problem to deal with, if you're going for a mono-strand look.

Old 19-05-2006, 05:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo wrote:
Like I told you before your extension guy did, timing is critical with
that approach. Too soon can root prune, and too late won't work. You'll
still end up with some of it.

Who exactly are you addressing this comment to?

You.

Well you must have me confused with someone else. Because I was never

Old 19-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

OK, I see it now. I think what had me confused was I didn't know it
was poa trivialis until 2 days ago and was thinking of the discussion
in the context of what works specifically for that. When we were
discussing it before, no one knew what it was, but the advice you gave
does work as one of the avenues of attack for this too.

Crab grass and pre-emergent welsh dragon Gardening 2 24-01-2004 05:32 AM
Question on overseeding and crab grass blahb Lawns 3 26-09-2003 02:22 PM
Crab Grass Issues Thrill Gardening 6 16-08-2003 02:02 PM
Crab Grass Kyle Boatright Gardening 1 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
crab grass and milky spore thoranw Gardening 2 28-03-2003 11:20 PM