GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Insect Spray For Tree Suggestions, Please. (leaves being eaten) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/143258-insect-spray-tree-suggestions-please-leaves-being-eaten.html)

Robert11 30-04-2006 07:15 PM

Insect Spray For Tree Suggestions, Please. (leaves being eaten)

Hi,

Live outside of Boston.

Have a few White Birch trees, some Maples and Oaks, and several trees that
I'm not sure what they are, frankly.

Some of the leaves, on most all of them, seem to be being "eaten," possibly
by aphids (someone thought, but wasn't certain), a bit..

Is there any spray that I can buy, that's effective of a real wide variety
of leaf-eaters, as well
as being near perfectly safe for all kinds of trees ?

Can it be used at any time of spring / summer ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Tom The Great 30-04-2006 10:25 PM

Insect Spray For Tree Suggestions, Please. (leaves being eaten)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:15:10 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

Live outside of Boston.

Have a few White Birch trees, some Maples and Oaks, and several trees that
I'm not sure what they are, frankly.

Some of the leaves, on most all of them, seem to be being "eaten," possibly
by aphids (someone thought, but wasn't certain), a bit..

Is there any spray that I can buy, that's effective of a real wide variety
of leaf-eaters, as well
as being near perfectly safe for all kinds of trees ?

Can it be used at any time of spring / summer ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Rather than using a typical pesticide, I found some positive results
last year, with Bayor Advanced Tree & Shrub Insect Control
Concentrate. I found it late in the season, right at the start of my
tree dissappearing to Japanese Beetles. After a few weeks, it seemed
that my tree had less and less beetles on it, compared to the
surrounding trees.

I was happy enough, I purchased enough to treat all my bug feeding
trees.

hth,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Stubby 01-05-2006 01:10 PM

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Live outside of Boston.

Have a few White Birch trees, some Maples and Oaks, and several trees that
I'm not sure what they are, frankly.

Some of the leaves, on most all of them, seem to be being "eaten," possibly
by aphids (someone thought, but wasn't certain), a bit..

Is there any spray that I can buy, that's effective of a real wide variety
of leaf-eaters, as well
as being near perfectly safe for all kinds of trees ?

Can it be used at any time of spring / summer ?

White Birch trees always get borers. But that is in the trunk rather
than the leaves. But white birch is a weed anyway. If you like the
looks of them, do a bit of research to find the right, disease-resistant
variety. Cut down the nasty whites and plant the better kind.

[email protected] 01-05-2006 02:53 PM

Insect Spray For Tree Suggestions, Please. (leaves beingeaten)

i use seven on my trees when that happends, spray it on the leaves.

Stubby 01-05-2006 03:59 PM

wrote:
i use seven on my trees when that happends, spray it on the leaves.

Sevin has been outlawed. I don' believe it will be sold after this
year. Bonide Eight is a replacement.

Eggs Zachtly 01-05-2006 10:56 PM

Stubby said:

wrote:
i use seven on my trees when that happends, spray it on the leaves.

Sevin has been outlawed. I don' believe it will be sold after this
year. Bonide Eight is a replacement.

Sevin hasn't been outlawed. It's readily available just about everywhere
that sells insecticides, AFAIK.

Source?

--
Eggs

-Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.