Old 02-05-2006, 11:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alan

Default Craftsman Electric clutch

Anyone else having problems with there riding mower electric clutch spinning
and ripping the wire out?

--
www.maplesconstruction.com
Complete site work, road building

Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Alan wrote:
Anyone else having problems with there riding mower electric clutch spinning
and ripping the wire out?

There should be two tabs sticking out of one side that go around a pin
to keep that from happening. Sounds like it was not installed correctly.

--
Art
Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alan

Do you think it was something that could have broke. It worked fine for a
couple of weeks after I bought it used and took off the snow blower. It's a
2005 that looks like new.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Alan wrote:
Do you think it was something that could have broke. It worked fine for a
couple of weeks after I bought it used and took off the snow blower. It's a
2005 that looks like new.

I have never seen one break but you'd have to look at it to be sure. I
have seen several that were not installed with the tabs on either side
of the pin. This allows the clutch body to spin partway around and will
eventually pull the wires out. Without being able to see it, I would put
my money on improper installation.

--
Art
Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alan

Thanks Art,
It's still under warranty, there coming out to fix it.

Alan