Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ecarecar

Default Air Filter for Older Lawnboy

I have an older (80s?) lawnboy mower. The air filter cover is
constantly coming off and the filter gets dragged out.

Is there a source for cheap "doors"/covers for it?
Is there a replacement air filter assembly that won't disassemble
under evergreens?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

ecarecar wrote:

I have an older (80s?) lawnboy mower. The air filter cover is
constantly coming off and the filter gets dragged out.

Is there a source for cheap "doors"/covers for it?
Is there a replacement air filter assembly that won't disassemble
under evergreens?

The new filter cover will have a hole in it that a clevis pin goes
through to keep low branches from removing it. You should go to a
Lawnboy dealer and buy the oem cover and pin. Cheap aftermarket covers
will not solve your problem.

--
Art
Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ecarecar

Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

I have an older (80s?) lawnboy mower. The air filter cover is
constantly coming off and the filter gets dragged out.

Is there a source for cheap "doors"/covers for it?
Is there a replacement air filter assembly that won't disassemble
under evergreens?

The new filter cover will have a hole in it that a clevis pin goes
through to keep low branches from removing it. You should go to a
Lawnboy dealer and buy the oem cover and pin. Cheap aftermarket covers
will not solve your problem.

This is going to fit on a 20 - 25 year-old mower? I just went to a Weed
Eater
dealer for a part for a 15 year old machine, and they just snickered.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:30 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

ecarecar wrote:
Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

I have an older (80s?) lawnboy mower. The air filter cover is
constantly coming off and the filter gets dragged out.

Is there a source for cheap "doors"/covers for it?
Is there a replacement air filter assembly that won't disassemble
under evergreens?

The new filter cover will have a hole in it that a clevis pin goes
through to keep low branches from removing it. You should go to a
Lawnboy dealer and buy the oem cover and pin. Cheap aftermarket covers
will not solve your problem.

This is going to fit on a 20 - 25 year-old mower? I just went to a Weed
Eater
dealer for a part for a 15 year old machine, and they just snickered.

Yes, from 78 through the mid to late 90's.

It is not even remotely fair to compare Weedeater and Lawnboy. Weedeater
pretty much makes disposable bottom end products that change every few
years. Lawnboy makes high end mowers that are not at all disposable. The
2 cycle engines they produced remained pretty much unchanged for years.
Most of the popular parts are still available for the D series that were
built in the early 70's.

--
Art
Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

ecarecar wrote:

Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

I have an older (80s?) lawnboy mower. The air filter cover is
constantly coming off and the filter gets dragged out.

Is there a source for cheap "doors"/covers for it?
Is there a replacement air filter assembly that won't disassemble
under evergreens?

The new filter cover will have a hole in it that a clevis pin goes
through to keep low branches from removing it. You should go to a
Lawnboy dealer and buy the oem cover and pin. Cheap aftermarket covers
will not solve your problem.

This is going to fit on a 20 - 25 year-old mower? I just went to a Weed
Eater
dealer for a part for a 15 year old machine, and they just snickered.

Get the model number and look here
https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/ind...Caller=lawnboy
to see if they show a clip to hold the cover on.
The model number is usually on the mower deck, not on the engine. If
they don't have a parts list there, post the model number here. I should
be able to find what you need.

--
Art

Old 05-05-2006, 05:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ecarecar

Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

[...]

The model number is R7268. I won't start denigrating the "gentlemen"
that designed this thing, and it is a good mower, but the design of that
air filter assembly could be improved and the location of it on the mower
was less than perfect, in my opinion.

But anyway, I think the assembly I saw is going to get pulled off
eventually, too. What I saw just used another "snap-on" clip of
some sort that, in my opinion, is just going to get pulled off like
all the others.

Has anybody made an after-market unit? It can't possibly be designed
worse than this.

Is there someplace I can buy a case of these assemblies cheap?
Has somebody made an alarm system to allert you when the filter falls out?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i put a large plastic tie around mine

Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

ecarecar wrote:
Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

Artemis wrote:

ecarecar wrote:

[...]

Not that I am aware of.

--
Art

Lawnboy short block nick Lawns 3 06-07-2018 01:10 AM
Is there a chain store that sells Lawnboy air filters? ecarecar Lawns 0 24-04-2008 10:53 PM
Lawnboy running eratically Frank Logullo Gardening 13 11-05-2005 01:54 PM
LawnBoy gas tank leak AB Lawns 0 09-09-2003 04:02 PM
Lawnboy mowers brenda.herman Lawns 6 05-08-2003 03:02 AM