Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Savage

Default Humpy-Bumpy lawn

This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought
the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and
starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

Savage wrote:
This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought
the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and
starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

I would like a good solution to this, also. Renting a lawn roller and
towing it around behind my tractor just doesn't improve the situation.

Most likely I'll have to add top soil+seeds+starter fertilizer to the
low spots and hand tamp. That's going to take several years.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

"Savage" wrote in message
This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought
the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and
starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

You can do a couple of things:

Top dressing

Serious aeration followed by rolling.

You may have to do several cycles of either of these approaches, depending
on how rough the lawn is and how smooth you want the lawn to be when you're
done.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"Stubby" wrote in message
Savage wrote:
This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought
the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and
starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

I would like a good solution to this, also. Renting a lawn roller and
towing it around behind my tractor just doesn't improve the situation.

Most likely I'll have to add top soil+seeds+starter fertilizer to the
low spots and hand tamp. That's going to take several years.

welcome to my world, or at least the last 3 years. Things slowly come right.
As much as anything nature will do much of the work. Something I am
learning. I like haste, nature likes to take 4 seasons.

rob

Leveling a bumpy yard/lawn in DFW, Texas PK Lawns 10 14-10-2004 02:39 AM
How to smooth a bumpy lawn? Owen Lowe Lawns 8 13-06-2003 01:08 PM
Bumpy Lawn Mr G United Kingdom 5 19-04-2003 07:32 AM
Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!! john fraser United Kingdom 5 24-03-2003 04:32 PM
Bumpy lawn Bazza United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 11:44 AM