GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how to secure timbers for playground (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/14507-how-secure-timbers-playground.html)

Carlton Clay 11-04-2003 12:20 AM

how to secure timbers for playground

Can anyone help here-- how would you go about securing landscape timbers
around a playground (or anywhere) so that they STAY DOWN and cannot be
easily moved.

Timothy 12-04-2003 06:56 AM

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:21:16 -0500, Carlton Clay wrote:

Can anyone help here-- how would you go about securing landscape timbers
around a playground (or anywhere) so that they STAY DOWN and cannot be
easily moved.

Well depending the type of use, it depends. I've used 6x6x8 foot timbers
that were placed 2 inches in the ground and back filled. I took a 1/2
paddle bit and drilled a hole 2 feet. Then I pounded 18 inch long re-bar
through the holes. Might seem a bit over board, but it was for a daycare
client and it had to last.
--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com