Old 22-05-2006, 11:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default WTB: Fruit Trees in Minnesota

Hello, Five years ago I was walking through a K-Mart temp nursery and
found a zone 4 peach tree. It has been great! I've been trying to
find a couple more but cannot locate one anywhere. I would also like
to find a couple more cherry trees also. Would anyone have any leads
of where I might find some of these in or around the metro area? North
metro would be best. K-marts don't handle them at all anymore.

Thanks in advance,

zTim

Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
I Love Lucy

Default Fruit Trees in Minnesota

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, Five years ago I was walking through a K-Mart temp nursery and
found a zone 4 peach tree. It has been great! I've been trying to
find a couple more but cannot locate one anywhere. I would also like
to find a couple more cherry trees also. Would anyone have any leads
of where I might find some of these in or around the metro area?
North
metro would be best. K-marts don't handle them at all anymore.

Thanks in advance,

North Star cherry trees were developed for Minnesota. I'm in zone 5,
but planted a pair of dwarf ones, they required no care (a neighbor
finally pruned them for me but I never bothered) and lasted for 30
years. The cherries are a little sour, but I dilute them with just a
little extra water and add sugar and they make wonderful pies and
anything else you do with cherries. I think mine ended up with some
kind of gall which remains in the ground, so I don't know if it would be
wise to replant them or not. Lowe's had some, but ran out, don't know
if they got another shipment or not.

Every year I got more cherries than I could use, gave lots of them away.
I enjoyed watching them blossom and the fruit develop. They have a
pleasing form.

zTim

Peach Trees in Minnesota wendymg Gardening 4 03-05-2007 12:54 PM
Minnesota Hedge Mike Gardening 3 24-06-2005 05:01 PM
AOS in Minnesota Susan Erickson Orchids 0 18-04-2005 02:32 AM
Bork Tree Farms of Minnesota David and Nan Greenly Gardening 0 26-05-2003 04:32 AM
Pond Supplies in Minnesota (White Bear or Twin Cities) ? Folklore Ponds 2 15-04-2003 03:32 PM