GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   growing grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/145340-growing-grass.html)

[email protected] 23-05-2006 12:51 PM

growing grass

in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks. the group
who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with this. can
someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere chemicails i
should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed enviorment.

Steveo 24-05-2006 12:24 AM

growing grass

wrote:
in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks. the group
who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with this. can
someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere chemicails i
should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed enviorment.

Highest what, germination? Does variety matter?

Timothy 24-05-2006 04:44 AM

growing grass

On Tue, 23 May 2006 23:24:42 +0000, Steveo wrote:

wrote:
in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks. the group
who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with this. can
someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere chemicails i
should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed enviorment.

Highest what, germination? Does variety matter?

The real question is if they will be smoking it when their done!
bbbaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!

My daughter's class did this and it's a complete joke. 2 weeks to get all
the seed to pop and the project is over. 4 weeks is a good window for a
competition.

To the OP, nitrogen and lots of it!
--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/

Jonny 25-05-2006 12:44 PM

growing grass

wrote in message
ups.com...
in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks. the group
who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with this. can
someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere chemicails i
should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed enviorment.

You don't need chemicals. The short time period is just enough for some
good germination. A little root stimulator is probably okay. Its not a
contest per se, it depends more on the seed than the gardener. Keep the
growing environment warm and moist (not soaking wet).
--
Jonny