Old 29-05-2006, 01:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
NCLouis

Default Front Scoop for Craftsman Lawn Tractors

I would really like to hear comments from anyone who has experience
using the Craftsman front scoop attachment for the Sears riding mowers.
I bought a garden tractor today, one of the middle-tier models
(YS4500), and was wondering if this would be worthwhile to have for
distributing mulch, etc., around our one-acre nearly-level yard.
Anyone out there have one?

Louis

Old 29-05-2006, 02:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

"NCLouis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would really like to hear comments from anyone who has experience
using the Craftsman front scoop attachment for the Sears riding mowers.
I bought a garden tractor today, one of the middle-tier models
(YS4500), and was wondering if this would be worthwhile to have for
distributing mulch, etc., around our one-acre nearly-level yard.
Anyone out there have one?

Louis

The subject has "lawn tractor", then you bought a "garden tractor". A lawn
tractor mows grass and can tow a small trailer or aereator.
Anything else requires a garden tractor, a much more serious machine.

Old 29-05-2006, 06:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"NCLouis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would really like to hear comments from anyone who has experience
using the Craftsman front scoop attachment for the Sears riding mowers.
I bought a garden tractor today, one of the middle-tier models
(YS4500), and was wondering if this would be worthwhile to have for
distributing mulch, etc., around our one-acre nearly-level yard.
Anyone out there have one?

Louis

The subject has "lawn tractor", then you bought a "garden tractor". A lawn
tractor mows grass and can tow a small trailer or aereator.
Anything else requires a garden tractor, a much more serious machine.

I've got a scoop on the front of a Farmall 300 (farm tractor). I can't see
where that Sears setup would be much more than a motorized wheel barrow.
Even with chains and wheel weights it won't have enough weight to push in to
a pile of mulch unless you ram it - and if you do that it won't last long.
So that means you will have to load it by hand. You'll be lifting it by
lever so you won't be able to put much weight in the bucket - and with the
light rear end you will lose traction when you do load it up. It's cute but
not very usefull.