GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When do I spay insectiside on corn plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/145725-when-do-i-spay-insectiside-corn-plants.html)

eVe Giidiion 31-05-2006 07:57 AM

When do I spay insectiside on corn plants?

I'm sure I'll get some flames about using insecticide, and I almost
never use it. However, I have ONE corn stalk. I would like to eat
the ears when they ripen. When should I spray bug spray on them?
If there is an alternative to prevent the worms from eating the corn
kernels, I'd be glad to give it a try.

Suggestions??

Eggs Zachtly 31-05-2006 10:16 AM

eVe Giidiion said:

I'm sure I'll get some flames about using insecticide, and I almost
never use it. However, I have ONE corn stalk. I would like to eat
the ears when they ripen. When should I spray bug spray on them?
If there is an alternative to prevent the worms from eating the corn
kernels, I'd be glad to give it a try.

Suggestions??

Spray whenever. With only one corn plant, it's doubtful that you'll get
even one complete ear. Corn needs to be planted in a block to ensure proper
pollination.

--
Eggs

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?