Old 02-06-2006, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
daniel peterman

Default MTD electric mower

Howdy all. First post here.
I do some tinkering with mowers and motors and stuff but this one is new
to me.
I was given a MTD electric mower, made in Hungary, with a german motor.
Handle switch was messed up so I fixed that. Motor runs strong.
My question is about the blade. The blade is held on by a plastic bolt
with a very large integrated washer. I don't know if it is left or right
hand thread. It will turn both ways but doesn't loosen. Blade is not
centered on shaft and may be missing a spacer or collar. Can't tell
because bolt won't come out. It's plastic so don't hant to strip it.
Model is 18a-707-062.
I tried some online sources with no luck
Anyone seen this before?
I just wanna fix it, cut my grass and sell the mower.
Thanks