GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Back Yard Patio Paver-Base Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/145970-back-yard-patio-paver-base-question.html)

Jerry 04-06-2006 09:36 PM

Back Yard Patio Paver-Base Question

We're putting in a dutch cobblestone patio in the back yard about 13.5
x 12 feet. We measured everything, set up the strings, dug the hole,
put in 6" of paver-base and compacted it. I realized today that we
forgot to measure 8" past the padio borders so our paver-base is
exactly the size we want our patio to be.

My question is: with a small patio like ours, is it imperative to have
the 8" of paver-base beyond the patio border or could we just get
longer stakes for the paver edging? Our soil is clay so I was thinking
maybe if we found some 2-foot (or longer) stakes, they might hold.

Opinions?

--
Jerry

Andrew Duane 30-06-2006 07:35 PM

Back Yard Patio Paver-Base Question

I've never gone 8" past the patio with compacted base material, and
mine have all worked out fine.