GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Used Mower Buying Guide? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/146447-used-mower-buying-guide.html)

Tony Deb 14-06-2006 03:04 AM

Used Mower Buying Guide?

I have searched for a while online for tips on buying a used lawn mower.
More specifically a rear engine riding mower. Can anyone direct me to a
website or other source for this? I guess its not like buying a used car
where you can get a general idea on price and depreciation. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Tony C.

Srgnt Billko 15-06-2006 02:49 AM

Used Mower Buying Guide?

"Tony Deb" wrote in message
I have searched for a while online for tips on buying a used lawn mower.
More specifically a rear engine riding mower. Can anyone direct me to a
website or other source for this? I guess its not like buying a used car
where you can get a general idea on price and depreciation. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Tony C.

Does anybody still make a rear engine rider ? For lawn tractors & garden
tractors the informal rule of thumb is a 1 year old has lost about 50% of
it's value unless it's a premo like John Deere, Husqvarna or similar. I
guess we can assume a RER would be about the same. Of course condition and
being familiar with the specific unit (like having watched as a neighbor has
used it) means a lot.