Old 18-06-2006, 11:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

Default Gasoline powered power washers ?

I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer . I was wondering if
anyone knows if Menards or Lowes has any on sale right now that are good for
the home user ?
I have had an electric one and I returned it because I didn't think it had
the pressure I wanted . I was told to get a gasoline powered one and not
mess with electric .
Anyone have any opinions on this or any on sale at any department store ?
Thanks,
Raz

Old 19-06-2006, 12:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FDR

" Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer . I was wondering if
anyone knows if Menards or Lowes has any on sale right now that are good
for the home user ?
I have had an electric one and I returned it because I didn't think it had
the pressure I wanted . I was told to get a gasoline powered one and not
mess with electric .
Anyone have any opinions on this or any on sale at any department store ?
Thanks,
Raz

I don't know what's in their stores, but I give you this word of advice.
Get one with a good engine. And get one where the engine and pump are in
the horizontal axis. The pumps on them tend to be better than the ones
where they look like stationary lawn mowers.

Old 23-06-2006, 07:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Darryl

Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer .

Could someone tell me exactly what power washers are FOR? I mean, I
don't remember seeing them at ALL 5 years ago, & now they're lined up
in front of Home Depot as if your house will collapse unless you own
one. Is the water that falls from the sky really, really muddy
everywhere but where I live?

I'm wondering if power washers are the Cadillac Escalades of the
lawn-equipment world.

Old 24-06-2006, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

"Darryl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer .

Could someone tell me exactly what power washers are FOR? I mean, I
don't remember seeing them at ALL 5 years ago, & now they're lined up
in front of Home Depot as if your house will collapse unless you own
one. Is the water that falls from the sky really, really muddy
everywhere but where I live?

I'm wondering if power washers are the Cadillac Escalades of the
lawn-equipment world.

I am wanting to purchase one for washing off mud,grime, etc. and the nearest
carwash is 20 miles round trip from my home . With the price of gasoline and
the cost of carwashes today, I could have one paid for in a small amount of
time .

Thanks,
raz

Old 25-06-2006, 02:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

" Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer . I was wondering if
anyone knows if Menards or Lowes has any on sale right now that are good
for the home user ?
I have had an electric one and I returned it because I didn't think it had
the pressure I wanted . I was told to get a gasoline powered one and not
mess with electric .
Anyone have any opinions on this or any on sale at any department store ?
Thanks,
Raz

I went out and bought one today , it has a horizontal crankshaft engine on
it and it is a 5 1/2 hp . I am going to try it out today and see how well it
works .

I will let everyone know,
Thanks,
Raz

Old 28-06-2006, 03:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

[...]

Tried out the power washer on Sunday . It works awesome and actually has way
more pressure than the car wash . My daughter found out the hard way that
you don't get it too close to the decals on her dirt bike . It took some of
the decals clean off the fenders .
Just letting you guys know, if you are messing around with an electric one,
the gas powered ones have WAY more pressure.
Thanks,
Raz

Old 28-06-2006, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel-Donnie Kelly

You are goint to have to run a garden hose to it so why not a extension
chord also. Northern Tool has all kinds plus accessories.

Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down
town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.
http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/doc

http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/MelDonniesBluebird

Old 29-06-2006, 03:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

I guess I was just brought up that water and electricity DOES NOT mix . It
is just another thing to get in the way and also , the gas powered ones have
way more pressure than electric .
Just my .02,
Raz

"Mel-Donnie Kelly" wrote in message
You are goint to have to run a garden hose to it so why not a extension
chord also. Northern Tool has all kinds plus accessories.

Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down
town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.
http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/doc

http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/MelDonniesBluebird

pressure washers? Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 9 22-01-2007 10:36 AM
Pressure washers Jim Paterson United Kingdom 5 15-10-2003 10:32 PM
Pressure washers UTVOLVET84 Ponds 2 08-07-2003 11:39 PM
Power washers. Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 9 16-05-2003 10:44 AM