GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help me find these (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/147695-help-me-find-these.html)

RB 14-07-2006 08:01 PM

help me find these

I'm looking a simple, maybe 2' long retracted, 4' long extended, light duty
screw jack.

If anyone knows where I can find a gizmo like that, please let me know. I
want to put a swivel foot on each end and use it for a knee brace on a fence
post.

Chas Hurst 14-07-2006 08:54 PM

help me find these

"RB" wrote in message
I'm looking a simple, maybe 2' long retracted, 4' long extended, light
duty screw jack.

If anyone knows where I can find a gizmo like that, please let me know. I
want to put a swivel foot on each end and use it for a knee brace on a
fence post.

Make one from a piece of pipe and a length of threaded rod. Weld a nut on an
end of the pipe.

Jim Ledford 15-07-2006 02:47 AM

help me find these

Chas Hurst wrote:

"RB" wrote in message
I'm looking a simple, maybe 2' long retracted, 4' long extended, light
duty screw jack.

If anyone knows where I can find a gizmo like that, please let me know. I
want to put a swivel foot on each end and use it for a knee brace on a
fence post.

Make one from a piece of pipe and a length of threaded rod. Weld a nut on an
end of the pipe.

home made stuff is great.

sad watching another spend to much money on what could be so
easily made out of a few scrap parts from the scrap parts pile.

did you know most neighborhoods have rules against having a
scrap parts pile? yep, upsets those who are unable to visualize
a future use for a piece of scraped out metal. they call'em
eye sores and that's their reasoning for not allowing neighborhood
dwellers with visionary expertise to retain and maintain a scrap
pile. all about, if 'I' can not do it then 'I' want to prohibit
you from being able to do it.

Srgnt Billko 15-07-2006 03:02 AM

help me find these

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
Chas Hurst wrote:

"RB" wrote in message
[...]

Same with "dump picking" - they stop us from recycleing stuff from there
also. Twenty years ago I built a nice 10 by 12 shed wuth lumber I "picked".

Jim Ledford 15-07-2006 03:47 AM

help me find these

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Chas Hurst wrote:
RB wrote:
[...]

at the county trash dump they got not one but two old men guarding
the stuff. ticks me off how the government had rather fill up a
landfill with that good stuff rather than allow me to take it home...

:(

dave 22-07-2006 10:44 PM

help me find these

RB wrote:
I'm looking a simple, maybe 2' long retracted, 4' long extended, light duty
screw jack.

If anyone knows where I can find a gizmo like that, please let me know.

1. go to hardware store
2. buy piece of all-thread, and a 'rod joiner' sized to fit it. there's
the jack you describe. alternately, use a turnbuckle as an 'expander'