GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Voles - how to get rid of them (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/147756-re-voles-how-get-rid-them.html)

Eggs Zachtly 16-07-2006 04:57 PM

Voles - how to get rid of them

p-nut said:

Last yr I had a mole problem, traps fixed that problem.
This yr it's voles, I have tons of small little holes next to my house and
in my small garden.
Anyone know the most effective way of getting rid of them?
I have been dropping poison pellets down the holes outside of my fence but I
have a dog in my back yard and don't want to put poison anywhere back there.
Luckily they aren't affecting my garden much but I have to till every couple
days because when I water the plants all the water goes down into the vole
holes which seems to drain in China.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

A. Did you actually *see* one, to know that it's *for sure* a vole?

B. Rather than traps or bait, perhaps removing the reason that they want to
be in your yard in the first place, would be the way to go? (Get a positive
ID, and find out what they feed on.)

"Small little holes" could be any number of things, from moles/voles to
cicada emerging, to chipmunks, etc.

--
Eggs

-Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before
you need it.

Peter Pan 31-07-2006 04:49 PM

Voles - how to get rid of them

Go to your local AGWAY or other such store, there is a vibrating spike that
you can place in the ground, it got rig of my Voles/moles what ever it
was...good luck