GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Advice: lawnmower stalls when moved (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/147757-advice-lawnmower-stalls-when-moved.html)

geronimo 16-07-2006 05:00 PM

Advice: lawnmower stalls when moved

Its a Scotts Turf-Vac with 6.5 HP Intec OVC engine. Its John
Deere...supposed to be a good brand! Worked great until recently. Now
it suddenly cuts off when you move the mower. As long as it sits
still, level, it will run fine. If you lift the left wheels off the
ground, or lift it up off the rear wheels, it is fine. But if you tilt
it back so the front wheels come up, or lift up the right wheels, it
stops. Ideas? Every time I take a mower in for repair I can count on
a monimum of $60...so I need to figure this out and fix myself.
Geronimo

Oren 19-07-2006 05:12 PM

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:00:06 -0500, geronimo wrote:

Its a Scotts Turf-Vac with 6.5 HP Intec OVC engine. Its John
Deere...supposed to be a good brand! Worked great until recently. Now
it suddenly cuts off when you move the mower. As long as it sits
still, level, it will run fine. If you lift the left wheels off the
ground, or lift it up off the rear wheels, it is fine. But if you tilt
it back so the front wheels come up, or lift up the right wheels, it
stops. Ideas? Every time I take a mower in for repair I can count on
a monimum of $60...so I need to figure this out and fix myself.
Geronimo

Gas cap vent? Loosen the cap for a test.

Oren