Old 22-07-2006, 03:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
nospam

Default Anyone Have Excessive Oil Consuption on Sears Craftsman Kohler 26 HP Engine?

I have a new 54" 26 HP DG6000 garden tractorr that uses lots of oil (I have
to add oil every hour or so). Anyone else have this problem?
Old 22-07-2006, 04:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"nospam" wrote in message
I have a new 54" 26 HP DG6000 garden tractorr that uses lots of oil (I have
to add oil every hour or so). Anyone else have this problem?

I saw a whole string of posts re that machine elsewhere - not likely in
here. Is it smoking or leaking ?
For that kind of money I think I'd take it back toots sweet.

Old 23-07-2006, 05:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 22-Jul-2006, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:

I have a new 54" 26 HP DG6000 garden tractorr that uses lots of oil (I
have
to add oil every hour or so). Anyone else have this problem?

I saw a whole string of posts re that machine elsewhere - not likely in
here. Is it smoking or leaking ?
For that kind of money I think I'd take it back toots sweet.

I have a major service call due Tu. to replace my transaxle, carburetor and
drive belt on my 8 month old tractor. I think it is a lemon and Sears does
not want to replace it. It has made noises and leaked oil (and thus may
have run on low oil pressure???) since it was new. It leaks oil around the
oil filter NO matter how tight it is and NO matter if it has been replaced.
I am kicking myself for not demanding a replacement in the 90 day
replacement period. I sure would appreciate it if you can direst me to the
string of posts you saw on this machine, tremendously. Maybe that will give
me enough information to force Sears to replace it now.

Thank You,

Dave