GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   store (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/148359-store.html)

tony4away via HomeKB.com 03-08-2006 08:02 PM

store

how do i store peppers

Artemis 04-08-2006 01:21 AM

store

tony4away via HomeKB.com wrote:

how do i store peppers

In the freezer, next to the sea kale.

--
Art

Stubby 04-08-2006 01:44 AM

store

tony4away via HomeKB.com wrote:
how do i store peppers

Freezing won't work too well. They will lose their shape and texture.

I haven't tried this but it sounds good. Get a few furnace air filters
approx 14" x 25" and stack them up with the peppers loosely between
them. Use a few bunji cords to strap the pepper&filter stack to the
front of a "box fan". After about 12 hours, the peppers should be
dehydrated.

Let us know how this works for you!

Steveo 04-08-2006 02:08 AM

store

"tony4away via HomeKB.com" u24785@uwe wrote:
how do i store peppers

Can them in mason jars. There's many free recipes on how to do that via
google or any search engine of your choice.

New jars...tight seal (pop) good to go for a long time.

ymmv

Jonny 04-08-2006 01:36 PM

store

"tony4away via HomeKB.com" u24785@uwe wrote in message
how do i store peppers

Pickle 'em in an air tight glass jar. A very simple pickling solution is
vinegar with 1 or 2 freshly sliced onion rings for example.

If you mean bell peppers or similar, not a clue here.
--
Jonny