GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flywheel / magneto removal Sears Tecumseh engine ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/14839-flywheel-magneto-removal-sears-tecumseh-engine.html)

[email protected] 14-04-2003 12:56 AM

Flywheel / magneto removal Sears Tecumseh engine ?

I need to remove the flywheel on this 3.5 hp 4 cycle rotary mower
engine to repair the engine stop safety brake . | removed the main
nut . There are 3 holes around the main shaft bore. Do I need to drill
and tap these to use a puller or is there an easier better way ,

spook 14-04-2003 02:44 AM

wrote:

I need to remove the flywheel on this 3.5 hp 4 cycle rotary mower
engine to repair the engine stop safety brake . | removed the main
nut . There are 3 holes around the main shaft bore. Do I need to drill
and tap these to use a puller or is there an easier better way ,

There is a special puller just for that purpose. You might be able to
get one at an auto parts store.

$pook