GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lime Time? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/148515-lime-time.html)

Tom The Great 08-08-2006 03:41 PM

Lime Time?

Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule
for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

thx,

tom

Steveo 08-08-2006 03:44 PM

Lime Time?

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule
for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

thx,

tom

It can be applied anytime the ground isn't frozen, it would help to time it
right before rain to help wash it in.

Stubby 08-08-2006 08:31 PM

Lime Time?

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule
for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

It is not very important, especially if you are putting down limestone
which takes years to act. Get a pH test kit and monitor it.

Some plants really like a sweet soil. Clematis, lilac and a few others.
Lime will also help keep moss and mushrooms out of your lawn. In
fact moss in the lawn is a telltale that I use to tell if I have enough.
If you grow potatoes, keep the lime away from them!

Tom The Great 09-08-2006 01:13 AM

Lime Time?

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:31:34 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule
for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

It is not very important, especially if you are putting down limestone
which takes years to act. Get a pH test kit and monitor it.

So you can add too much lime, right?

tom

Steveo 09-08-2006 11:49 AM

Lime Time?

Stubby wrote:
It is not very important, especially if you are putting down limestone

which takes years to act.

Years?