Old 17-08-2006, 03:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Mower Blades

Are there any mower blades worth changing to from my stock Sears blade that
came with the mower? All claim to do XX % more mulching/bagging. Any
enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--Todd

Old 17-08-2006, 06:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

been using gator blades for years and are happy with them.they cut
the grass in smaller peices. lucas

Old 17-08-2006, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
been using gator blades for years and are happy with them.they cut
the grass in smaller peices. lucas

I keep thinking your "signature" is a url for the products you recomend. If
you can add a few lines ontop of the url to disgunish this as a signature
and not part of your message!

Old 17-08-2006, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mike" wrote:
wrote in message
been using gator blades for years and are happy with them.they cut
the grass in smaller peices. lucas

I keep thinking your "signature" is a url for the products you recomend.
If you can add a few lines ontop of the url to disgunish this as a
signature and not part of your message!

Right, I've heard it called a sig delimiter. It looks something like this:

Old 17-08-2006, 10:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo said:

--

Dood. He's using webtv. Again, more reason to k/f webtv. Cheap/free
internet service is FAR too readily available, to mess with a klunky,

--
Eggs

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

Old 17-08-2006, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
Steveo said:

"Mike" wrote:
wrote in message
been using gator blades for years and are happy with them.they
cut the grass in smaller peices. lucas

I keep thinking your "signature" is a url for the products you
recomend. If you can add a few lines ontop of the url to disgunish
this as a signature and not part of your message!

Right, I've heard it called a sig delimiter. It looks something like
this:

--

Dood. He's using webtv. Again, more reason to k/f webtv.

You're right he is using webtv. That web only browser should -not- offer
Usenet acsess, it doesn't compute with NNTP standards.

Cheap/free
internet service is FAR too readily available, to mess with a klunky,
television-based service, that effs up everything it touches.

I agree, eggs. There's way too many other things a guy can waste his money
on, other than webtv. They'd have to be last in line for my internet money.

They charge those people dang near as much as dsl too. shrug

Although,
you can have a bit of fun with them, using your headers.

Sig files can be fun too. ha

--
webtv blows
Old 18-08-2006, 02:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

As for blades, I've tried the mulching type blade on a regular mower.
It did mulch some, but it's not even close to what you can do with a
true mulching mower. My Honda has two blades and really cuts the grass
into small clippings that are unnoticeable, unless you let it get too
long. Also, on a true mulching mower, the deck is designed for
mulching too. And in my experience, all mulching types have some
problems when the grass becomes sparse. When that happens, they tend
to knock the grass down and not mow all of it well compared to a
regular blade. This again is more of a problem with a std mower where
you add a mulching blade.