GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Replace rotary sprinkler head (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149126-replace-rotary-sprinkler-head.html)

[email protected] 28-08-2006 02:44 AM

Replace rotary sprinkler head

I need to replace Rainbird rotary sprinkler heads (R50). The sprinkler
guy said I can do it myself - just unscrew the old one and screw in the
new one.

Do I need to dig around it to the pipe to do it? If not, how can I
make sure when I remove the old one that dirt does not fall into the
hole?

Please, help me with any tips on how to do this.

Thanks!

Steve

Tony Hwang 28-08-2006 03:10 AM

wrote:
I need to replace Rainbird rotary sprinkler heads (R50). The sprinkler
guy said I can do it myself - just unscrew the old one and screw in the
new one.

Do I need to dig around it to the pipe to do it? If not, how can I
make sure when I remove the old one that dirt does not fall into the
hole?

Please, help me with any tips on how to do this.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi,
Inside the head there is a filter which can be removed y itself.
Like the guy said unscre the old when ground is pretty dry and install
new one. Clean the filter in case dirt got sucked in.