Old 31-08-2006, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default is trugreen chemlawn reputable or not?

http://www.lawn-treatment.com/form.jsp

i live in florida. there is a local trugreen chemlawn in my area. they
have a free analysis deal going.
if they give me free analysis, am i gonna receive phone calls and mail
from them asking me to use them to work on my lawn? I want to find out
what's wrong with my lawn first, before i spend money on someone to
work on my lawn.

Old 31-08-2006, 11:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

" wrote:
http://www.lawn-treatment.com/form.jsp

i live in florida. there is a local trugreen chemlawn in my area. they
have a free analysis deal going.
if they give me free analysis, am i gonna receive phone calls and mail
from them asking me to use them to work on my lawn? I want to find out
what's wrong with my lawn first, before i spend money on someone to
work on my lawn.

You'll never escape their sales reps after the "free analysis". Avoid them
like the plaque.
Old 31-08-2006, 11:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo wrote:
" wrote:
http://www.lawn-treatment.com/form.jsp

i live in florida. there is a local trugreen chemlawn in my area. they
have a free analysis deal going.
if they give me free analysis, am i gonna receive phone calls and mail
from them asking me to use them to work on my lawn? I want to find out
what's wrong with my lawn first, before i spend money on someone to
work on my lawn.

You'll never escape their sales reps after the "free analysis". Avoid them
like the plaque.

anyone you can recommend? my local extension office doesn't send
people to diagnose lawns. I'm not sure what heading to look for in
yellow pages.

Old 31-08-2006, 11:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I used to work for a small, locally owned outfit before they were gobbled up
by trugreen/chemlaw/greenlawn and their techs are poorly trained and only
out to get as much money as possible from the customer. Ever have grubs?
Well according to them everyone does!

Old 31-08-2006, 11:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
" wrote:
http://www.lawn-treatment.com/form.jsp

i live in florida. there is a local trugreen chemlawn in my area.
they have a free analysis deal going.
if they give me free analysis, am i gonna receive phone calls and
mail from them asking me to use them to work on my lawn? I want to
find out what's wrong with my lawn first, before i spend money on
someone to work on my lawn.

You'll never escape their sales reps after the "free analysis". Avoid
them like the plaque.

anyone you can recommend? my local extension office doesn't send
people to diagnose lawns. I'm not sure what heading to look for in
yellow pages.

Sorry, no recommendation for Florida. Do you have a Florida lawn care
association down there? An organization like that might be able to steer
you toward a local guy in your neighborhood.

Try looking under lawn maintenance in your yellow pages. That's what they
are listed under up here in Ohio. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
oups.com...

Steveo wrote:
" wrote:
http://www.lawn-treatment.com/form.jsp

i live in florida. there is a local trugreen chemlawn in my area. they
have a free analysis deal going.
if they give me free analysis, am i gonna receive phone calls and mail
from them asking me to use them to work on my lawn? I want to find out
what's wrong with my lawn first, before i spend money on someone to
work on my lawn.

You'll never escape their sales reps after the "free analysis". Avoid
them
like the plaque.

anyone you can recommend? my local extension office doesn't send
people to diagnose lawns. I'm not sure what heading to look for in
yellow pages.

At your extension service, ask for the Florida Yards and Neighborhoods (FYN)
program assistant. FYN is now present in almost all Florida counties. FYN
will send a yard advisor to your property, specifically to help with best
environmental practices. The yard advisor will be a trained Master Gardener
and should have the expertise to give advice on your turf problems. Even
if, for some reason, there is no FYN program in your county, if you get the
FYN Handbook -- available from either the Extension Service or from the Univ
of FL IFAS website -- you should have enough information so that you can
take care of your lawn yourself, without hiring Chemlawn.

In my experience, chemical lawn services uses a lot of water-soluble high
nitrogen fertilizer sprays, which provide very quick greening but which in
the longer run leach into the water table and also attract insect pests
which attack the weak green growth -- of course, they then can offer
insecticides to kill off the pests their previous treatment has attracted,
further deleterious to the water table.

If you follow the FYN recommendations for fertilizers, mowing, watering,
etc, you should have an attractive lawn at lower cost than if you just use a
lawn service or advice from the local fertilizer / pesticide vendors.
Regards --

Old 01-09-2006, 03:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

JimR wrote:

At your extension service, ask for the Florida Yards and Neighborhoods (FYN)
program assistant. FYN is now present in almost all Florida counties. FYN
will send a yard advisor to your property, specifically to help with best
environmental practices. The yard advisor will be a trained Master Gardener
and should have the expertise to give advice on your turf problems. Even
if, for some reason, there is no FYN program in your county, if you get the
FYN Handbook -- available from either the Extension Service or from the Univ
of FL IFAS website -- you should have enough information so that you can
take care of your lawn yourself, without hiring Chemlawn.

thanks. i will contact the fyn asap.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"JimR" wrote:
In my experience, chemical lawn services uses a lot of water-soluble
high

nitrogen fertilizer sprays

Not us. We're running 70% slow release granular food right now. We'll drop
that to 50% this fall.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I got someone from Scott's...they called a couple of times after that and I
told them that we weren't ready to do the lawn this year and that we would
contact them in the beginning of next year...haven't had a call since.

chrysanths a reputable source required TR United Kingdom 1 14-12-2005 08:19 AM
Trugreen Mump North Carolina 5 11-04-2005 07:54 PM
reputable online CO2 setup source? John Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 06-12-2004 01:25 AM
Reputable seed companies Matt Gardening 6 04-11-2003 01:02 AM
Stay away from TruGreen/ ChemLawn Igor Gardening 2 07-10-2003 03:22 AM