Old 01-09-2006, 04:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default HYDROSEEDING

Hi Folks:

I’m about to embark upon a project and would appreciate your input. I
do landscaping maintenance to pay the bills. Recently a friend
introduced me to his boss who purchased a new house that sits on a
large land area. This is in a new development community so they are
no old grasses to remove. The owner wants me to hydroseed the land
areas all around his home which measures 156ft from the street
sidewalk to the property line at the rear of the house and
approximately the same measurement from side to side. I have no
experience in this area. Where do I begin? How do I obtain the
square yard (or is it square foot) of the entire lawn areas to be
sprayed with slurry? Can one person handle this project? An
established landscaping company owns or rent large hydro-mulching
machines but is there a cheaper option that is just as effective?
For example, is there a small 2-cycle sprayer I can purchase from
Home Depot or Lows and do the job myself? Also how much slurry would
I need to buy to cover an area 156 feet square? Also what process is
necessary to obtain a nice level ground prior to hydroseeding? The
owner has not yet moved into his new home and is not in a hurry to.
I would like to do take on this project myself. Is this realistic or
am I all wet?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Landscaper" wrote in message
[...]

My opinion, based on your current knowledge of hydroseeding, is that you'd
better leave this one to the professionals. Someone who pays a fair amount
to have his yard hydroseeded probably has high expectations and will be
disappointed with a first time job. If you're interested in getting into
the hydroseeding business, why not find a local contractor who does
hydroseeding, and strike a deal with him where you can work with his crews
on this job as a learning experience? That would be fair compensation to
you for bird dogging this business for him.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Appreciate your response and suggestion. As advised I will relinquish
this project to a professional.

Thank you.

Old 27-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Registered User

Location: England
Cool Hydroseeding info

Happy to help with any questions about Hydroseeding.

Thanks.