GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trading John Deere for Dixon...how's this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/14928-trading-john-deere-dixon-hows.html)

[email protected] 14-04-2003 07:32 PM

Trading John Deere for Dixon...how's this?

The local dealer just came out to check out my John Deere LT166 (with
powerflo/bagger), and offered me $2000 trade-in towards a Dixon 4515
zero-turn with mulch kit ($4200), for a balance of $2200, and
12-months 0% financing.

Does that sound decent, or should I advertise mine in the paper to try
and get more?

Tim Fischer 14-04-2003 11:08 PM

wrote in message
The local dealer just came out to check out my John Deere LT166 (with
powerflo/bagger), and offered me $2000 trade-in towards a Dixon 4515
zero-turn with mulch kit ($4200), for a balance of $2200, and
12-months 0% financing.

Does that sound decent, or should I advertise mine in the paper to try
and get more?

Have you checked out Deere's own SST zero-turn mowers? Perhaps a Deere
dealer would cut you an even better deal. I really love my SST16... We
have a ton of trees, flowerbeds, irregular obstacles, etc and I can mow our
entire 8/10-acre lot in about an hour without rushing.

-Tim

[email protected] 14-04-2003 11:08 PM

Trading John Deere for Dixon...how's this?

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:06:33 GMT, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

Have you checked out Deere's own SST zero-turn mowers? Perhaps a Deere
dealer would cut you an even better deal. I really love my SST16... We
have a ton of trees, flowerbeds, irregular obstacles, etc and I can mow our
entire 8/10-acre lot in about an hour without rushing.

I think I'll check it out this weekend.
Is it hydrostatic?

I really like the idea of the control levers in the ZTR's I've checked
out so far.

Justbrilliant 15-04-2003 02:32 AM

Trading John Deere for Dixon...how's this?

Last year, I put $3800 into a 1999 Ransomes Bobcat ZTR. It has an 8HP
track vac. It had 1400 hrs on it, but looked new. 25 horse Kohler. 60"
deck.

If you get a lot of leaves, sticks, etc. This is the setup to have -
picks it up, and mulches.

I don t know of a Dixon. However, if you mean Dixie Chopper, that is one
heck of a deal.

FYI, the Deere guys in my area SUCK !! They could care less about used
equipment unless they make their 30%.

Tim Fischer 15-04-2003 05:56 AM

wrote:
I think I'll check it out this weekend.
Is it hydrostatic?

Yeah.

I really like the idea of the control levers in the ZTR's I've checked
out so far.

Well, the SST's claim to fame is that it *doesn't * have these levers, but
uses a standard wheel and electronic logic to do the equivalant. I really
like it.

-Tim