GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Skunk in trap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149332-skunk-trap.html)

Srgnt Billko 03-09-2006 03:54 PM

Skunk in trap

Had a skunk in a hav-a-hart trap at home this morning. Unfortunately Chief
(our Dalmation) found it before I did and got sprayed a little. I let it
out without getting sprayed and squirted a water hose on it to chase it over
to my neighbors. They aren't as tasty as woodchuck or opposum.

Frank 03-09-2006 08:58 PM

Skunk in trap

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Had a skunk in a hav-a-hart trap at home this morning. Unfortunately Chief
(our Dalmation) found it before I did and got sprayed a little. I let it
out without getting sprayed and squirted a water hose on it to chase it over
to my neighbors. They aren't as tasty as woodchuck or opposum.

I had this problem once several years ago. Exterminator wanted $200 to
come out and get it. I was at work and wife put on rain gear and opened
trap and let it out. She did not get sprayed. I heard later that a
confined skunk will not spray. Your dog probably goaded it too much.
Maybe throwing a plastic tarp over it and taking out some place in a
pickup bed would have got it out of area.
Frank