Old 07-09-2006, 12:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Snapper Rear-Engine Riding Mower?

I wonder if any of you own or have used this riding mower and if so, how
well do you like it ? It is smaller and less expensive than the "tractor"
type mowers , but it looks pretty nifty and maneuverable.

I am considering a basic, modest-sized riding mower perhaps in the
$1,200-1600 range, if that is feasible.

Any comments please, specifically on the Snapper Rear Engine mower, or
others that are a good value in this price range ?

Thanks for any helpful comments. !!!

--James--

Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"James" wrote in message
. ..

I wonder if any of you own or have used this riding mower and if so, how
well do you like it ? It is smaller and less expensive than the
"tractor"
type mowers , but it looks pretty nifty and maneuverable.

I am considering a basic, modest-sized riding mower perhaps in the
$1,200-1600 range, if that is feasible.

Any comments please, specifically on the Snapper Rear Engine mower, or
others that are a good value in this price range ?

Thanks for any helpful comments. !!!

--James--

I mowed my lawn for years with a Snapper. It was about 30 years old when I
retired it (still have it) to get a mower with a wider cut.
The single blade, if kept sharp, does a fine job of cutting. I got a bagger
for mine too, that also worked well for sucking up leaves in the fall.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

James wrote:

I wonder if any of you own or have used this riding mower and if so, how
well do you like it ? It is smaller and less expensive than the "tractor"
type mowers , but it looks pretty nifty and maneuverable.

I am considering a basic, modest-sized riding mower perhaps in the
$1,200-1600 range, if that is feasible.

Any comments please, specifically on the Snapper Rear Engine mower, or
others that are a good value in this price range ?

Thanks for any helpful comments. !!!

--James--

I believe that'd be the kind Forest Gump had. Forest liked
his a lot and I remember him saying how he'd cut that entire
football field for free.

every time I see one of those Snapper Rear-Engine Riding Mowers
I can't help but think of good old Forest.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Chas Hurst wrote:

James wrote:

I wonder if any of you own or have used this riding mower and if so, how
well do you like it ? It is smaller and less expensive than the
"tractor"
type mowers , but it looks pretty nifty and maneuverable.

I am considering a basic, modest-sized riding mower perhaps in the
$1,200-1600 range, if that is feasible.

Any comments please, specifically on the Snapper Rear Engine mower, or
others that are a good value in this price range ?

Thanks for any helpful comments. !!!

--James--

I mowed my lawn for years with a Snapper. It was about 30 years old when I
retired it (still have it) to get a mower with a wider cut.
The single blade, if kept sharp, does a fine job of cutting. I got a bagger
for mine too, that also worked well for sucking up leaves in the fall.

I've been running a Snapper 21" self propelled in my
lawn care business and the mower has performed very
very well. I like the quality and forethought that
went into the design and construction of the little
mower. vacuums and bags leaves very well. I also
like how the self propelled unit is of a modular
design allowing for each component part to be
replaced as needed due to wear.

if their riders are anywhere near the quality and
performance level of their walk behind mowers then
I'd recommend the purchase.

Report on Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower Series 23 eBob.com Lawns 8 09-02-2008 01:31 AM
Toro rear tine tiller, 8 hp Kohler engine lou North Carolina 1 24-04-2006 06:55 PM
snapper rear-tine tiller TS Lawns 2 15-07-2005 09:20 PM
Clutch problem on Snapper Riding Mower James Lawns 2 10-05-2005 05:39 AM
Sears rear engine bagger 30 inch deck riding mower Ed Dudek Gardening 2 02-09-2003 03:22 PM