GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help - Ernesto Got Me (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149454-help-ernesto-got-me.html)

Jethro 09-09-2006 12:23 PM

Help - Ernesto Got Me

Hurricane Ernesto could have done worse I guess.

Anyway, I have a couple of 10-foot high Cleveland Pear trees, some 4
years old, that are now leaning a slight 10 degrees or so off
vertical.

I am wondering - can and/or should I do anything to straighten them
out? Or will they straighten up on their own?

Thanks

Jethro

Tom The Great 09-09-2006 04:30 PM

Help - Ernesto Got Me

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:23:47 GMT, Jethro wrote:

Hurricane Ernesto could have done worse I guess.

Anyway, I have a couple of 10-foot high Cleveland Pear trees, some 4
years old, that are now leaning a slight 10 degrees or so off
vertical.

I am wondering - can and/or should I do anything to straighten them
out? Or will they straighten up on their own?

Thanks

Jethro

If they can be moved off of straight up, it might be possible to move
them back to straight up. However, when I look at post cards of
palms, they naturally seem 'non-plumb'.

later,

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

Jethro 09-09-2006 10:57 PM

Help - Ernesto Got Me

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:30:19 -0400, Tom The Great
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:23:47 GMT, Jethro wrote:

Hurricane Ernesto could have done worse I guess.

Anyway, I have a couple of 10-foot high Cleveland Pear trees, some 4
years old, that are now leaning a slight 10 degrees or so off
vertical.

I am wondering - can and/or should I do anything to straighten them
out? Or will they straighten up on their own?

Thanks

Jethro

If they can be moved off of straight up, it might be possible to move
them back to straight up. However, when I look at post cards of
palms, they naturally seem 'non-plumb'.

later,

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

I gave a heave to the tree, but it wouldn't budge.

Tom The Great 10-09-2006 03:12 PM

Help - Ernesto Got Me

wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:23:47 GMT, Jethro wrote:

Hurricane Ernesto could have done worse I guess.

Anyway, I have a couple of 10-foot high Cleveland Pear trees, some 4
years old, that are now leaning a slight 10 degrees or so off
vertical.

I am wondering - can and/or should I do anything to straighten them
out? Or will they straighten up on their own?

Thanks

Jethro

If they can be moved off of straight up, it might be possible to move
them back to straight up. However, when I look at post cards of
palms, they naturally seem 'non-plumb'.

later,

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

I gave a heave to the tree, but it wouldn't budge.

ha ha ha, I was thinking more abouts a professional tree service. I
think you might not be the only person with a crooked palm.

Or a hairy one too. ;)

tom