GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Waiting period for a freshly, newly laid sod? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149522-waiting-period-freshly-newly-laid-sod.html)

Steve K. Lee 11-09-2006 10:04 PM

Waiting period for a freshly, newly laid sod?

Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow
my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long
enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid
the new sod. Thanks.

Mike 11-09-2006 11:00 PM

"Steve K. Lee" wrote in message
Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow
my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long
enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid
the new sod. Thanks.

Mow it, but mow it high. Has the sod taken? ie. could you pull up the
sections still?

Steve K. Lee 12-09-2006 06:38 AM

Waiting period for a freshly, newly laid sod?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:00:32 -0400, "Mike" wrote:

"Steve K. Lee" wrote in message
.. .
Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow
my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long
enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid
the new sod. Thanks.

Mow it, but mow it high. Has the sod taken? ie. could you pull up the
sections still?

Yeah, for the most part, I'd say I can still pull up the sections
still. However, I noticed that when I'd pull up the sod, a thick
layer of the topsoil would pull up along with the original sod.
Thoughts? TIA!

Kats'n Us 15-09-2006 01:54 AM

Steve K. Lee wrote:
Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow
my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long
enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid
the new sod. Thanks.

Hi Steve! This time of year it only takes a couple weeks for the sod to
get established enough to mow. Just mow it at your regular height. Sue