GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cleaning siding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149779-cleaning-siding.html)

Henry & Carolyn 21-09-2006 02:33 PM

cleaning siding

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that
will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took
most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.
TIA
Carolyn

Eggs Zachtly 22-09-2006 12:45 AM

cleaning siding

Henry & Carolyn said:

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that
will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took
most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.

A gas-powered, powerwasher.

--
Eggs

-I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through...

Steveo 22-09-2006 12:48 AM

cleaning siding

"Henry & Carolyn" wrote:
What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something
that will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and
that took most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.
TIA
Carolyn

Simple green works fairly well for cleaning most anything for me. You'll
have to experiment for the mixture strength, so try it on a hidden area
first if you can. (read the label) Don't leave it on to long either.

Steveo 22-09-2006 12:50 AM

cleaning siding

wrote:
Henry & Carolyn said:

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have
both. The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use
something that will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic
Erasers and that took most off, but it's like the siding is stained
now.

A gas-powered, powerwasher.

That helps as long as you're careful with it.. but you'll still need a good
detergent first/with.

Eggs Zachtly 22-09-2006 12:55 AM

cleaning siding

Steveo said:

"Henry & Carolyn" wrote:
What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something
that will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and
that took most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.
TIA
Carolyn

Simple green works fairly well for cleaning most anything for me. You'll
have to experiment for the mixture strength, so try it on a hidden area
first if you can. (read the label) Don't leave it on to long either.

Ya... that's good stuff!

--
Eggs

-A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

dicko[_1_] 22-09-2006 02:25 AM

cleaning siding

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:34 -0400, "Henry & Carolyn"
wrote:

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that
will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took
most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.
TIA
Carolyn

Go to Ace Hardware and buy a gallon of Aluminum Siding Cleaner. Works
like a champ.

dickm

Tom The Great 23-09-2006 04:56 PM

cleaning siding

wrote:

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that
will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took
most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.
TIA
Carolyn

Now I don't know about your siding, but mine has a powder on it. If
you mechanically clean it too much, you get rid of the self-sluffing
feature, and take the siding down to the base plastic. Have you
damaged the coating?

later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Eggs Zachtly 24-09-2006 06:25 PM

cleaning siding

[Top-posting fixed]

Henry & Carolyn said:

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both.
The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something
that
will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that
took
most off, but it's like the siding is stained now.

A gas-powered, powerwasher.

--
Eggs

-I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through...

we've used the power washer, doesn't get it off

With some sort of detergent, or bleach, even?

--
Eggs

-Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ricaroofers 12-02-2010 02:35 PM

An Aluminum Siding Cleaner could be a best choice for your vinyl sidings. You might have to use some kind of air powered brush, but you might have to be careful with it. It could damage the vinyl sidings.

Spares2you 10-01-2011 09:53 AM

Anyway, all you can do, as far as I understand, is to blow the dust off and that's it...

cheryblk 19-01-2011 06:24 PM

Simple Green works very well cleaned almost everything for me. You will Need to test mixture strength, so try in an inconspicuous place First of all, if you can. (read labels) do not give it long term.

Mulcher25 20-01-2011 02:35 PM

I agree with Steveo. The pressure washer will get almost anything. If you get a gas powered one you can get different attachments for the nozzle that can change the pressure of the water and what type of soap it uses.