Old 14-10-2006, 10:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default peerless 5sp transmission - which one do I need?

I'm replacing a peerless 700 5 speed manual transmission again. I
bought the one I have used and it doesn't have the model number on it.
When I search for replacements I found numerous peerless models that
don't appear different. How can I determine which model would work for
me?

Old 15-10-2006, 03:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

They have quite abit of interchangeability, the axles seem to be the
biggest difference, and they can be changed if you open it up and take
the spider gears off the new one and put them on the old axles. that's
what I plan to do at my next change as I have one with the tapers and
bolt holes and the replacement has the snap-rings. I cant get the
wheels off of the old axles anyhow. I've been running it without the
bolts for 2 years mowing, pulling heavy trailers, jumping small ditches
and spraying them regularly with penetrating oil and hitting
occasionally with a FBH, they might as well be welded on.

Old 15-10-2006, 04:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

ask t man at perr.com forum