GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Corylus avellana contorta propagating (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/150387-corylus-avellana-contorta-propagating.html)

victor_in_norhteast 17-10-2006 04:57 AM

Corylus avellana contorta propagating

Hi all, I have a Corylus avellana contorta in my backyard that is a joy to
watch, especially in winter. I would like to propagage this tree, but I am a
complete beginner. There is a contorted sucker from this summer. How can I
use this sucker to propagate my beautiful tree? Long replies are OK, since I
know very little about gardening.

Thank you very much for your help,
Victor

Eggs Zachtly 19-10-2006 10:33 AM

victor_in_norhteast said:

Hi all, I have a Corylus avellana contorta in my backyard that is a joy to
watch, especially in winter. I would like to propagage this tree, but I am a
complete beginner. There is a contorted sucker from this summer. How can I
use this sucker to propagate my beautiful tree? Long replies are OK, since I
know very little about gardening.

Won't take a long reply. If you know very little about gardening, we'll not
get into grafting. That's the only propagation method I'm aware of for that
species. It's most likely grafted onto another root stock, already. If you
want another specimen, your best bet would be to purchase one.

--
Eggs

After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?

[email protected] 01-11-2006 12:45 AM

Corylus avellana contorta propagating

Hi Eggs, Thank you very much for your reply. I was hoping to somehow
get that nice looking contorted sucker to take root.

regards,
victor

Eggs Zachtly 01-11-2006 10:01 AM

said:

Hi Eggs, Thank you very much for your reply. I was hoping to somehow
get that nice looking contorted sucker to take root.

You're welcome, Victor. Sorry I couldn't give you the answer that you
really wanted.

G/L
--

Eggs