GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ariens Snowking, leaking oil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/150723-ariens-snowking-leaking-oil.html)

Chris[_6_] 02-11-2006 11:54 AM

Ariens Snowking, leaking oil

As I was geting my 2-yr old Ariens ready for the winter, I noticed that it
was leaking oil. I looked closer and the oil is leaking from the box where
the engine shaft engages the auger shaft (don't know what it's called). I
was wondering if this is common, and if it's a seal or something gone bad
that I can change, or I need to bring it to a repair shop? Also, I checked
on-line but was not clear. Were can you get parts (like the seal and this
special gear oil, or whatever it is)? Can I order them on-line? Main chain
stores?

Thanks

Srgnt Billko 02-11-2006 12:52 PM

Ariens Snowking, leaking oil

"Chris" wrote in message
ervers.com...
As I was geting my 2-yr old Ariens ready for the winter, I noticed that it
was leaking oil. I looked closer and the oil is leaking from the box
where the engine shaft engages the auger shaft (don't know what it's
called). I was wondering if this is common, and if it's a seal or
something gone bad that I can change, or I need to bring it to a repair
shop? Also, I checked on-line but was not clear. Were can you get parts
(like the seal and this special gear oil, or whatever it is)? Can I order
them on-line? Main chain stores?

Thanks

Not sure about your other stuff but various weights of gear oil can be found
in most auto parts stores in a variety of size containers. Check your specs
to see what weight it calls for.

Eggs Zachtly 03-11-2006 03:04 AM

Chris said:

As I was geting my 2-yr old Ariens ready for the winter, I noticed that it
was leaking oil. I looked closer and the oil is leaking from the box where
the engine shaft engages the auger shaft (don't know what it's called). I
was wondering if this is common, and if it's a seal or something gone bad
that I can change, or I need to bring it to a repair shop? Also, I checked
on-line but was not clear. Were can you get parts (like the seal and this
special gear oil, or whatever it is)? Can I order them on-line? Main chain
stores?

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/index_ariens_snow.html

HTH

--

Eggs

Two cows standing next to each other in a field, Daisy says to Dolly "I was
artificially inseminated this morning."
"I don't believe you," said Dolly. "It's true, no bull!" exclaimed Daisy.