GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/152440-moles.html)

Hilltop Cycle ATV 20-01-2007 10:19 PM

Moles

Is there any sure way of getting rid of moles in the winter ? Heck, what do
they do, hibernate ? I would like to exterminate them this winter if at all
possible.
Thanks,
Raz

Data 21-01-2007 09:38 PM

Moles

Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
Is there any sure way of getting rid of moles in the winter ? Heck, what do
they do, hibernate ? I would like to exterminate them this winter if at all
possible.
Thanks,
Raz

Hi Raz
One way of sorting them, is to run a hosepipe in the holers for half
hour! This notmally does the trick. Otherwise it is poisons
administered by your local pest control.
Regards
Data
www.gardenseeker.com

ESGie 24-01-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilltop Cycle ATV
Is there any sure way of getting rid of moles in the winter ? Heck, what do
they do, hibernate ? I would like to exterminate them this winter if at all
possible.
Thanks,
Raz

I'm sure we all know that you should never scratch a mole.

Why? Because it makes them very cross. (Listen. That would win a Perrier prize in a slow year.)

I have my own procedure for dealing with these furry pests. My Man ("Butler", to you Country Cousins) Whittaker, having bound his plus fours to the top of his shins with baling twine to prevent involuntary mole incursion, then pushes lit firecrackers down their burrows and when they blindly emerge, coughing and spluttering with little hands held over their little ears, I despatch them with the trusty Purdy 12-gauge. It's quite fun.

dave[_1_] 10-02-2007 09:48 PM

Moles

On Jan 20, 2:19 pm, " Hilltop Cycle ATV"
wrote:
Is there any sure way of getting rid of moles in the winter ? Heck, what do
they do, hibernate ? I would like to exterminate them this winter if at all
possible.
Thanks,
Raz

Shove a lit road flare into the hole. Problem solved. They can't
breathe that crap and go away.