GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2007 Mower Lineup at HD and Lowe's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/154238-2007-mower-lineup-hd-lowes.html)

MacMike 17-02-2007 10:48 PM

2007 Mower Lineup at HD and Lowe's

Can't find any information on possible new-for-2007 mowers at either
Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm in the market for one this year, but don't
want to buy a 2006 model if the 07's are on their way to the stores.

Anyone have any inside info on this?

Srgnt Billko 18-02-2007 01:33 AM

"MacMike" wrote in message
Can't find any information on possible new-for-2007 mowers at either Home
Depot or Lowe's. I'm in the market for one this year, but don't want to
buy a 2006 model if the 07's are on their way to the stores.

Anyone have any inside info on this?

How much do you think a given model changes from one year to another ? The
headlight covers change shape ? - the cup holder in a different place ?

MacMike 18-02-2007 05:14 PM

On 2007-02-17 19:33:04 -0600, "Srgnt Billko" said:

"MacMike" wrote in message
Can't find any information on possible new-for-2007 mowers at either Home
Depot or Lowe's. I'm in the market for one this year, but don't want to
buy a 2006 model if the 07's are on their way to the stores.

Anyone have any inside info on this?

How much do you think a given model changes from one year to another ? The
headlight covers change shape ? - the cup holder in a different place ?

Actually, the changes from year to year are minimal. I'm looking at
the resale value in a few years...sort of like a car.

restrorob 18-02-2007 10:28 PM

Sorry Mike but, These units are junk new and junk-ier after 2yrs.
On the other hand Sears Craftsmans are built a little bit better for the weekend warrior.

Srgnt Billko 18-02-2007 11:45 PM

On 2007-02-17 19:33:04 -0600, "Srgnt Billko" said:

"MacMike" wrote in message
Can't find any information on possible new-for-2007 mowers at either
Depot or Lowe's. I'm in the market for one this year, but don't want to
buy a 2006 model if the 07's are on their way to the stores.

Anyone have any inside info on this?

How much do you think a given model changes from one year to another ?
The
headlight covers change shape ? - the cup holder in a different place ?

Actually, the changes from year to year are minimal. I'm looking at the
resale value in a few years...sort of like a car.

That's more based on condition - and year purchased. Keep your bill-of-sale.
I've bought more used tractors than I'd like to admit and the year
manufactured has never been more than a talking point. I don't care if it's
the #1 brand, it's gonna lose a big hunk the day you take it out the store
and probably 50% after the first year.