Old 18-04-2003, 04:08 PM
bentcajungirl

Default Accoustic landscaping for neighbor noise

I am going to be landscaping soon. My situation is that diagonally behind
my property, two lots away is a really obnoxious LOUD constantly barking
dog. Yeah, I have spoken with the owners, resorted to making complaints
with the police and am considering taking them to city court.
I will be installing a privacy fence. Any type of fence better for noise
than another? Metal, wood, etc. Code says I can go 8 feet high. Will 8
feet vs 6 ft give me more sound barrier. What kind of plants can I plant
that will cushion sound? I am in extreme South Louisiana, so anything
tropical will grow here. In the scheme of the layout, the noisy
neighbors/dog is southwest of me and down here, the prevailing wind is
almost always from the SW.
I am thinking of installing a fountain....for the charm of it, the birds
like it...plus it makes for good white noise. I have been to a garden
fountain center and listened to the different tones of water
splashing....drips, sprays, wooshing noises. Big drops falling, etc. I
don't want the water noise to be so much that I have to shout over it, but I
think the white noise will be helpful.
Any suggestions?
I love to be outside. The obnoxious barking is constant. Day and night. I
don't hear it INSIDE my house, because I insulated with blown cellulose to
block traffic noise on the front of my property.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old 18-04-2003, 05:56 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY bentcajungirl,

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message

I am going to be landscaping soon.

Wonderful! The Puppy Wizzzard uses lots of
dog poo for building rich greenery and gardens.

My situation is that diagonally behind
my property, two lots away is a really
obnoxious LOUD constantly barking dog.

Oh, that's very unfortunate. Dogs bark because of
anxiety... not because they're trying to be OBNOXIOUS.

Yeah, I have spoken with the owners,

EXCELLENT! As a DOG LOVER, you told them HOWE
to handle and train their dog so he'd be RELAXED, CALM,
TRUSTING, and PEACEABLE.

resorted to making complaints with the police

Ahhh! The Puppy Wizzzard sees you've followed the
advice of HOWER dog love Master Of Deception
blankman from dogplay.con!

and am considering taking them to city court.

A WIZE idea...

Of curse, THAT COULD get their DOG DEAD on them...

I will be installing a privacy fence.

GOOD FOR YOU! Nobody should be forced
to view your sorry, stinkin, ugly, nasty, lousy,
rotten, cowardly, butt...

Any type of fence better for noise than another?

NOISE? You could PROBABLY TRAIN this dog
YOURSELF in just a few minutes, withHOWET
ever leaving your own pupperty, if you followed
the INSTRUCTIONS in your FREE copy of The
Puppy Wizzzard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual...

Metal, wood, etc.

There's nuthin in the Whole Wild World that's gonna
suite this dog's NEEDS for PEACE and CALM, except
TRUST and CONFIDENCE.

Code says I can go 8 feet high.

Yeah. Noise goes hundreds of feet per second.

Will 8 feet vs 6 ft give me more sound barrier.

You're a simpleton, aren't you, bentcajungirl.

What kind of plants can I plant that will cushion sound?

The Puppy Wizzzard just sez "NO!" to THAT kinda stuff...

I am in extreme South Louisiana,

The Puppy Wizzzard abides by local laws...

so anything tropical will grow here.

Just say "NO!" Mind altering plants are NOT the answer.

In the scheme of the layout, the noisy
neighbors/dog is southwest of me and
down here, the prevailing wind is
almost always from the SW.

Good. Face north and turn sideways when you fart.

I am thinking of installing a fountain.... for the charm of it,

INDEEDY! You certainly are charming...

the birds like it...

The Puppy Wizzzard sez the birds make noise
for the same same same same reason dogs do...

plus it makes for good white noise.

That so?

I have been to a garden fountain center and
listened to the different tones of water splashing....

Ever hear of the Chinese Water Torture?

drips,

Yeah. INDEEDY! That's the WON!

sprays, wooshing noises.

No no no, just DRIPS. WON at a time. S-L-O-W-L-Y.
VERY SLOWLY. For a LONG time...

Big drops falling, etc.

That's the idea. Eventually, the steady drip feels
like BIG drops falling like sledgehammers...

It's about the same same same same effect as
the constant corrections you and your dog lover
pals use, are to your dogs...

I don't want the water noise to be so much that
I have to shout over it,

Of curse you wouldn't want to shout, it'd make
your dogs feel uncomfortable.

but I think the white noise will be helpful.

INDEED?

Any suggestions?

Yeah... But you don't possess the intellect to HOWEtwit
the cunnin of the domestic puppy dog, even after The
Puppy Wizzzard and HIS 100% nearly instantly successful
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Students tell you HOWE they done it FAST, EZ, and
FOR FREE.

I love to be outside.

LikeWIZE!

The obnoxious barking is constant.

Sounds like the dog is terribly distressed.

Day and night.

The dog NEEDS HELP!!!

I don't hear it INSIDE my house,

Well, that's very fortunate for YOU, ain't it?

because I insulated with blown cellulose to
block traffic noise on the front of my property.

Good for you!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Yeah. You could follow the instrucions in your FREE
copy of The Puppy Wizzzard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual and break this
dogs anxiety barking in a few minutes over a couple
of days, but you do not possess the INTELLECT to
study the method and apply the techniques.

Perry
bentcajungirl

Of curse, The Puppy Wizzzard also SELLS a
machine that CURES all animal behavior problems
in the entire neighborhood. But you don't want THAT,
you'd rather HURT and KILL this dog, cause that's
YOUR HUMAN NATURE.

"Terri"@cyberhighway

Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marilyn Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marilyn for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marilyn Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
admit to buying and having success with his little black box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the box
first?)

--------==========================--------------------

"misty" wrote in message

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how
you write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my
using a shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not
wanting to stay home. Up until I started using it my main
concern had been keeping my dogs in their own yard. Once I
started using the e-fence...well, then my concern became how
to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-shock
debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now g
A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

"misty" wrote in message

We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring.
Two dogs, two collars We now have one dog and no
collars.

Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to
come back in the yard and would run for days. The
last time, Peach didn't come back home.

I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to
train my dog. She is now border trained. A few
minutes each day reinforces her desire to stay in the
yard.

She no longer runs out into the road, I can stop her
from chasing cats and she no longer cringes when we
walk around the yard.

I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the
e-fence and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence
then you need to train your dog. I will never rely on an
electronic collar to keep my dog in our yard again.
The price was too high:-(
~misty

============

"misty" wrote in message

Jerry has taken the time to help me out off the NG. I have a
very loud cockatoo who has been having problems adjusting to
my 8 month old son.

Joey is learning to walk. He likes to use Buddy's cage as a
hold on for dear life object.

Buddy wasn't exposed to toddlers prior to Joey.. my older
two boys went through this stage in a different house where
Buddy had his own room and the boys had only visits, not
daily contact 24/7.

Buddy has always been spooked by "tiny" humans. Joey has
been driving him nuts! He showed his disapproval by non-stop
screaming. A cockatoo scream can be heard a block away with
all the widows shut g being in the house it makes your
ears pop and your nerves crawl.

Jerry sent me Free his DDR. He sent instructions on how to
use it. He answered my questions quite politely.

I have been using the DDR in my kitchen ( where Buddy is
located~ teensy 4 room house) for 3 weeks.

At first I noticed no difference in Buddy's behavior. Then I
realized after a week that he no longer screamed for hours
on end. This isn't to say he stopped completely bg he
still demands his share of all meals. But he doesn't start
screaming at 10 pm when he wants _everyone_ to go to bed.

Last week he had a day where he screamed all day. My nerves
were frazzled. I went to turn the DDR up a notch per Jerry's
instructions. I discovered the DDR was shut off! I turned it
back on and left it on the lowest setting. Buddy calmed back
down and quit screaming.

In the time that I've had the DDR on I've had a lot of c*ts
come to my house. One I adopted and he's quite the sweetie.
He's a yellow tiger named Gatomon ( means c*t monster) who
is very friendly with my kids and Zelda.

I may not like how Jerry treats other posters but I do like
the methods he shares. Being on a limited budget I like
things that are free. I also like the fact that I can e-mail
him and get advice whenever I need it.

Even my DH who is a technical minded kind of guy thinks the
DDR is working. ( He went to Devry and has a degree in
electronics, knows alot about radios and anything
mechanical... he's a jack of all trades around the house
g). He does NDT for a living.

We don't expect to need the DDR forever.. As soon as Joey is
walking, Buddy will realize that he's not a strange animal..
some kind of furless dog or c*t bg.

==============================

From: aimee )
Subject: doggie do right
Date: 2002-08-01 06:57:15 PST

doggie do right rocks!!

We were sent one of these fantastic machines 5
months ago to see if it would help with our rambunctious
mutts.

The doggy do right has done more than just work...it has
worked miracles!

Our pair of noisier than freight-train doggies were barking
so loud at our neighbours and passers by that we were just
about ready to find them new homes.

But within just two months of using the Doggy Do
Right they were nice and quiet and stopped barking
at the neighbours.

They did relapse a little when their owner went away,
but we started the program again and within days they
were both quiet and obedient once more.

Our doggies have now not barked unnecessarily for
over 2 months.

Thanks Jerry! You have made my dreams come true!

Aimee.

===========================

Jerry says:
HOWE'S the baby's seizures?

parentadlitem says:
better

Jerry says:
got any idea how much better?

parentadlitem says:
not really

parentadlitem says:
she doesn't do em here that i see

Jerry says:
amazing

Jerry says:
when's the last time she seized with you?

parentadlitem says:
weeks ago?

Jerry says:
but before the machine it was daily?

parentadlitem says:
every minute!

Jerry says:
does her mom use it at her HOWES?

parentadlitem says:
yup

parentadlitem says:
i yelled at her about it

Jerry says:
ask her when's the last time she saw a seizure for me

parentadlitem says:
k . she's sleepin now, ill talk to her tonight, she's comin over

Jerry says:
yeah... that's pretty good stuff

parentadlitem says:
yup

parentadlitem says:
i love mine

parentadlitem says:
no barkin the neighborhood at all anymore

parentadlitem says:
ever

Jerry says:
right

parentadlitem says:
once in a blue moon some distant dog will bark

parentadlitem says:
but all the neighbors dogs are quiet

Jerry says:
when you hear that distant dog throw the machine on

parentadlitem says:
we do

parentadlitem says:
it's really rare though

=================

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)

The Puppy Wizard. }TPW;-)

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. }YPW;~}
oo-oo

Old 19-04-2003, 12:08 AM
The Puppy Wizard

"Lee DeRaud" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:55:41 -0500, "bentcajungirl"
wrote:

I am going to be landscaping soon. My situation is that diagonally

behind
my property, two lots away is a really obnoxious LOUD constantly barking
dog. Yeah, I have spoken with the owners, resorted to making complaints
with the police and am considering taking them to city court.
I will be installing a privacy fence. Any type of fence better for noise
than another? Metal, wood, etc. Code says I can go 8 feet high. Will 8
feet vs 6 ft give me more sound barrier. What kind of plants can I plant
that will cushion sound? I am in extreme South Louisiana, so anything
tropical will grow here.

Can't you just plant kudzu under the neighbor's dog? Besides muffling
the sound, you'll get self-watering, self-fertilizing topiary.

Lee

HOWEDY lee,

You can't continue to post here...

"Lee DeRaud" wrote in message
On 14 Jan 2003 19:47:15 GMT, (Tricia9999)
wrote:

After all, school is a place where you get
bullied, learn to bully, learn to gossip, form cliques,
learn how to do shortcuts, etc, etc.

Oh, you mean "survival skills"?

Just kidding...somewhat.

Lee

Say CONGRATULATIONS To Linda, lee - "Today Seemed Like A Miracle" -

HOWEDY lee,

(Lee DeRaud) wrote in
:

On 5 Nov 2002 09:01:26 -0800,

(Linda) wrote:

I wish everyone who has a dog could know how well the Wits'
End Dog Training works so dogs would not lose there homes
because of behavioral problems and not be subjected to
torture in the name of training.

Honey,

Linda is a cripple, lee. We'd think everyone
would be tickled pink that Linda doesn't have
to worry about her dog HURTIN nobody noMOORE
and maybe gettin DEAD on her, like so many of
your group have had to do to their own dogs
because you're incompetent lying dog abusing
Thug coward control freaks who couldn't outwit
the cunning of the domestic puppy dog if your
own lives depended on it.

Your dog's lives obviously aren't as important
as your fragile defective egos.

sit back and relax,

No lee, Linda needs exercise to build her strength.

you don't need to do a thing,

She's got to work harder than you or me ever thought
of, to keep whatever little is left of her mobility,
poor dear little crippled thing she is with that awful
out of control GSD of hers. That dog should be put to
sleep, he's bitten her repeatedly and is dangerous to
one and all.

the good people on this group

The good people, lee? What good people, lee? The good
people like YOU who'd tell her to KILL her dog? The
good people like YOU who'd deny others of the same
benefit all my students find in their FREE copy of
my FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual, lee?

There's no good people here, except me and a couple of
my nearly instant 100% successful students, and Soup,
and occasionally Nick, who's not my student, but moore
so, he's a natural trainer, a fatherly guy, who
understands dogs and treats them as he does his children.

will do *everything* in their power to help get the Word out.

Thank you, but no thank you, lee. Sorry lee, we don't
appreciate being associated with lying dog abusing Thugs,
lee. Your collective word, is worthless. In fact, you
could RUIN my reputation by endorsing my methods.

That's what I told your pal booby maida when HE offered
to endorse my methods if I'd lay off him, "I'm only trying
to make a living" he cried to me... I told him if he didn't
post anything I couldn't criticize, I wouldn't criticize him.

in the Orchids of FL and that I'm a convicted child molester
fugitive, lee.

I'd prefer you continue to warn folks about me and tell
them to killfile their FREE copy of my FREE Wits' End
Dog Training Method manual.

Just unplug your computer and take a nap with your dog,

Do you think that's a wise idea, lee? The dog may
try to DOMINATE her, lee. Shouldn't sleep with an
aggressive dog, you know that as well as your pals
here KNOW that much.

FurtherMOORE, she coulda got the best computer in
the world for the amount of hard earned dough she
WASTED on traditional training and vets and behaviorists.

we've got your back.

BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! I've chewed up and down
your collective backs so bad you ain't even gonna
try to get a new one cause that'll just invite me
to tear you up again, you miserable sod.

Oh, BTW, you mis-spelled "HOWE".

But YOU didn't, DID YOU, lee. None of your pals misspell
HOWE noMOORE, do you. That speaks well of my training
method, lee.

I rely on the koehler method, lee. Every thing you've seen
me do here, I learned from and improvised upon, right outta
my koehler book, recommended by our good professor SCRUFF
SHAKE of the UofWI department of behaviorISM and ed w of
petloss dot CON and most of our group of dog lovers.

Lee

Now get the heel outta here you miserable
lying dog abusing Thug.

But first, say CONGRATULATIONS to Linda, lee.

Your Get The Heel Outta Here Wizard. YGTHOHW;-:}

=============================

Message -----

=======================================

===================

================================

===================================

_

wrote in message
6.16...
On 09 Jan 2003, michael opined:

You disgust me. You make me physically ill.

Pot/Kettle/Black, you anti-semetic, anarchical, Jerry Howe
sycophant.

-Chad (making a donation, ala Shore, to the anti-defamation league
in your honor) plonk

Looking for a pet? Adopt one!
http://www.petfinder.com

Email accepted, just correct my address above...
Abusive or Inappropriate email reported and/or posted...

disciple Cad will NEVER realize his career in theological ethics.

SO SEZ ALL OF US... The Puppy Wizard and HIS friends... }TPW;~)

Oh, bye the bye, ask matty HOWE his dog Rocky's SEIZURES are
doin... THAT'S CAUSED BY BRIBES AND PUNISHMENT AND CRATING...

BWEAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

This email is to alert you to an error you made in this post to this
newsgroup.
The URL you posted is incorrect. The correct URL is:
http://www.petloss.com
Old 19-04-2003, 01:32 AM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY eddie,

Can we talk abHOWET the WONDERFUL koehler reviews
you mentioned that The Puppy Wizzzard FAILED to mention to us?

The Puppy Wizzzard awaits your defense of the koehler method...

The Puppy Wizzzard. }TPW;~ )

Here's some quotes and some methods right outta your
koehler book:

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar and leash
are more than adequate for any jerk or strain that the
dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where
the dog makes his grab. Before the teeth have reached
their target, the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems
the dog is suspended in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover his footing
while he still had the strength to renew the attack
would be cruelty. The only justifiable course is to
hold him suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight. When finally it is
obvious that he is physically incapable of expressing
his resentment and is lowered to the ground, he will
probably stagger loop-legged for a few steps,
vomit once or twice, and roll over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued, on his side,
is not pleasant, but do not let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would regard the
foregoing types of protest as "kid stuff" and would
express his resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these extreme
problems.
Nearly always the "protest biter" is the handiwork of
person who, by avoiding situations that the dog might
resent, has nurtured the seeds of rebellion and then
cultivated the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable and oftentimes
painful harvest, they are ready to avail themselves of
"the cruel trainer" whose advice they may have once
rejected because it was incompatible with the sugary
droolings of mealy-mouthed columnists, breed-ring
biddies, and dog psychologists who, by the broken skins
and broken hearts their misinformation causes, can be
proven guilty of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the biting dog than
would ever be demonstrated by those who are "too kind"
to make a correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer morally feels
obligated to perform a "major operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with the dog that
bites in resentment of the demands of training, we will
set our example in that situation. (In a later chapter
we will deal with the with the much easier problem of
the dog that bites someone other than his master."

Old 21-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Lee DeRaud

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:44:13 GMT, Ed Williams "edwilliams REMOVE
wrote:

The Puppy Wizard wrote:

"Lee DeRaud" wrote in message

[snip]
HOWEDY lee,

You can't continue to post here...

I've *finally* been noticed by Jerry: I feel so...blessed.

Or not.

[snip 800+ lines of Jerry-spew]

BWEAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

This email is to alert you to an error you made in this post to this
newsgroup.
The URL you posted is incorrect. The correct URL is:
http://www.petloss.com

And another schmuck who doesn't know how to use a 'delete' key goes
into the killfile. Just doesn't get any better than this.

Lee
Old 28-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Leroy

I would tape record the dogs bark and play it back over an amplifier so the
dog will hear it and the ding bat will bark back and possibly go hoarse.
While you are playing the amplified version your neighbor wil hear it too
and maybe get the picture to train the dog.

. ..

wrote in message
[...]

Go placidly amid the noise and haste. Simon Gardening 0 07-02-2004 05:02 AM
sunday noise Gilbert United Kingdom 58 05-08-2003 09:02 PM
Sprinkler system is making loud noise and stops for few seconds Bharat Texas 2 12-05-2003 10:08 PM
noise Tumbleweed United Kingdom 14 08-05-2003 07:56 AM
Waterfall Noise and Koi Carl Beyer Ponds 2 22-04-2003 03:20 PM