GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/154776-new-lawn.html)

dirtynails 02-03-2007 11:45 AM

new lawn

Hi,

I live in the UK in London, and am wondering when the best time to lay a new lawn would be.

Our back garden is south-west facing and gets good sunlight. The soil seems to have a lot of clay in it. At present, the area of the garden we are looking to lay a lawn on is a mixture of topsoil and weeds.

I would like to have a lawn ready by the summer, and will therefore be happy to just lay turf.