GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ground ivy problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/156830-ground-ivy-problem.html)

tmurf1 14-04-2007 04:05 PM

Ground ivy problem

I have this ground ivy spreading onto my lawn from one side and it
seems to be industructable. It has small leaves and spreads from one
root very low and across in all directions. It is really hard to
trace it back to the root and pull up. How can I stop this stuff?

Doug G 14-04-2007 05:15 PM

Ground ivy problem

tmurf1 wrote:
I have this ground ivy spreading onto my lawn from one side and it
seems to be industructable. It has small leaves and spreads from one
root very low and across in all directions. It is really hard to
trace it back to the root and pull up. How can I stop this stuff?

OrthoŽ Weed-B-GonŽ Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawns
http://tinyurl.com/3xgd5f

The above worked for me without killing the surrounding grass. A second
application may be needed.

Steveo 14-04-2007 07:39 PM

Ground ivy problem

"tmurf1" wrote:
I have this ground ivy spreading onto my lawn from one side and it
seems to be industructable. It has small leaves and spreads from one
root very low and across in all directions. It is really hard to
trace it back to the root and pull up. How can I stop this stuff?

Weed be gone liquid at least two or three times this season, then maintain
it as needed.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/