GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grasses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/156962-grasses.html)

rwolf 17-04-2007 12:48 PM

Grasses

I have some Karl Forrester grasses in my landscape. I did not trim them
back in the fall. Can I trim them back now?

Eggs Zachtly 18-04-2007 01:36 AM

Grasses

rwolf said:

I have some Karl Forrester grasses in my landscape.

Perhaps my favorite ornamental grass. =)

I did not trim them back in the fall.

Good, then you wouldn't have had the "winter interest" that it provides.
The best time to cut them back is late winter, /before/ the new growth
emerges.

Can I trim them back now?

You can, sure. They may look a bit funky for a while, if there's already a
lot of new growth, until they fill back out. It'll look a helluva lot
better than not cutting them back at all. ;)

--

Eggs

-Two peanuts walk into a bar. One was a salted.

Steveo 18-04-2007 02:10 AM

Grasses

wrote:
rwolf said: