GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question about roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1576-re-question-about-roses.html)

zhanataya 08-02-2003 06:28 PM

Question about roses

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:21:37 -0500, "Natty_Dread"
wrote:

Hi all -- Can anyone tell me how to identify what type of roses I have?

You can't get credible guidance online. A knowledgable person would
have to see the plants and what condition they are in, in order to
point you in the right direction. I think your best bet would be to
contact your local Rose Society. If there isn't one close by check
with some of the garden clubs.

zhan

Harriet Nation 12-02-2003 03:12 PM

Question about roses

This is probably and "OLD ROSE" or antique rose. These are the ones you
see growing near abandoned houses, and blooming under all the tangled
undergrowth. Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham, TX could probably help
identify if you e-mail a picture with your inquiry. Also Texas A&M
horticulture department is interested in these "OLD ROSES"