GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Insect killer & crabgrass preemergent (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/157685-insect-killer-crabgrass-preemergent.html)

Nathanael 29-04-2007 04:41 AM

Insect killer & crabgrass preemergent

I applied the crabgrass preventor about a month ago, and wish to put
down some insect killer on the lawn now to keep the grass bug free for
when the kids play on it. Will this break that protective barrier that
they say the preemergent gives to the lawn?

[email protected] 29-04-2007 01:24 PM

On Apr 28, 11:41 pm, Nathanael wrote:
I applied the crabgrass preventor about a month ago, and wish to put
down some insect killer on the lawn now to keep the grass bug free for
when the kids play on it. Will this break that protective barrier that
they say the preemergent gives to the lawn?

No, it won't. Personally, I'd rather have my kids playing on a lawn
with a few bugs instead of a lawn with insecticide. Used correctly,
to save a lawn from turf damaging insects, insecticides are sometimes
necessary, but I don't see the need to use them to make a lawn bug
free.

Steveo 29-04-2007 01:25 PM

Nathanael wrote:
I applied the crabgrass preventor about a month ago, and wish to put
down some insect killer on the lawn now to keep the grass bug free for
when the kids play on it. Will this break that protective barrier that
they say the preemergent gives to the lawn?

No but which insect are you trying to control, and which control product
are you planning to use?