Diesel Fuel as weed killer?

Old 14-07-2015, 02:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Diesel Fuel as weed killer?

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 11:44:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
replying to rogerfisher , I am more enviromentally conscious than a lot of
people, as I don't drive a SUV wrote:
rogerfisher wrote:

I think I recall my Dad using diesel fuel as a weed killer. Can this be
correct? Can it be put in a sprayer and used down the side of the

driveway
to kill grass? How much do you use and how long does it take?
Thanks to all posts.

Diesel fuel is an excellent weed killer. Try mixing it 50 / 50 with used
motor oil from your car, & it will kill any pesky weeds, & keep them dead.
The people who like to claim how they have gone "green", & are crying
about how it is harmful to the environment, are the very same people who
are driving around in behemoth SUV's that get 12 mpg.

--

Aside from being harmful to the environment and a violation of law
in most civilized places today, diesel fuel is an obviously poor choice
Old 19-07-2015, 11:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 8:33:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Aside from being harmful to the environment and a violation of law
in most civilized places today, diesel fuel is an obviously poor choice
cost wise. Diesel fuel is ~ $2.50 a gallon. Glyphosate can be
had for less than 50 cents a gallon.

'Had' is the wrong word. It is 'had' for $35/gal but 'used' for $.50c when mixed.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to rogerfisher, Theresa Ash Walters wrote:
Yes . Weeds around riverbank, or in my case piece of land just cleared. Big
sprayer mix half diesel /water .

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Old 25-04-2017, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to trader4, Theresa Ash Walters wrote:
It's a 50 by 10 area . Overgrown for years. I really haven't check others
prices . Not sure I can good products , price wise.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Old 25-04-2017, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to Darryl, Theresa Ash Walters wrote:
No I use weed & feed on my yard. Thinking the 50/10 area that use to be an
overgrown thicket might need something stronger.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Old 26-04-2017, 12:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 4/25/2017 3:44 PM, Theresa Ash Walters wrote:
replying to rogerfisher, Theresa Ash Walters wrote:
Yes . Weeds around riverbank, or in my case piece of land just cleared. Big
sprayer mix half diesel /water .

If you like polluting your land, and perhaps the river too. Don't let
the authorities catch you.