Old 05-09-2018, 05:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Diesel Fuel as weed killer?

On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 3:14:04 PM UTC-4, Derek wrote:
replying to onyx, Derek wrote:
Sounds like diesel will take care of my bug problem and weed problem at the
same time. Thanks. I will post to let you know how it works.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Great idea for weeds. Use diesel that costs $3.25 a gallon instead of
glyphosate that cost 25 cents a gallon. Plus the diesel stinks and it
would be funny if a neighbor smelled it and called the EPA.

Old 22-09-2018, 08:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,us.military.army,uk.rec.sheds

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/25/2018 2:14 PM, onyx wrote:
replying to rogerfisher, onyx wrote:
Think of all the bugs you will kill in this way. if the bugs die we will
eventually die. Diesel will hang around in the soil for ages and isn't
ecological.

In Nam we had an ol' sayin' about diesel: "Diesel is as diesel does." Does
that make any sense to youse guys?

Best of all, the weeds don't grow back...

Old 23-09-2018, 11:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,us.military.army,uk.rec.sheds

On 8/25/2018 2:14 PM, onyx wrote:
replying to rogerfisher, onyx wrote:
Think of all the bugs you will kill in this way. if the bugs die we will
eventually die. Diesel will hang around in the soil for ages and isn't
ecological.

In Nam we had an ol' sayin' about diesel: "Diesel is as diesel does." Does
that make any sense to youse guys?

Best of all, the weeds don't grow back...

Good for getting rid of moles, but then is aftershave someone bought you.
--
Jim S
Old 23-09-2018, 11:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair,us.military.army,uk.rec.sheds

On 8/25/2018 2:14 PM, onyx wrote:
replying to rogerfisher, onyx wrote:
Think of all the bugs you will kill in this way. if the bugs die we will
eventually die. Diesel will hang around in the soil for ages and isn't
ecological.

In Nam we had an ol' sayin' about diesel: "Diesel is as diesel does." Does
that make any sense to youse guys?

Best of all, the weeds don't grow back...

Good for getting rid of moles, but then is aftershave someone bought you.

I wooden dab diseasal on my moles. It might turn them malignant.

Tone
Old 12-04-2019, 09:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to I chose to respect, OldAndPragmatic wrote:
I thought it was great! I choose humor.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Old 30-04-2019, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to trader4, Ralph Moore wrote:
It has been said that long time exposure to Roundup can cause cancer in some
susceptible individuals.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

Old 04-05-2019, 01:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ralph Moore wrote:
replying to trader4, Ralph Moore wrote:
It has been said that long time exposure to Roundup can cause cancer in some
susceptible individuals.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

You're supposed to spray it on weeds, not on yourself. From what I can
gather, there are many studies that have been done that show no
correlation. And maybe one that showed a possible correlation to one
type of cancer. From that, it was off to the races with the ambulance
chasing lawyers. Their first big victory was in CA, where a school
janitor blamed his cancer on using Roundup to control weeds at the
school. How dumb do you have to be to get any significant amount of
Roundup on you spraying weeds at a school. He claimed he was drenched
with it sometimes. If I was doing a lot of it and regularly, I'd put
on a tyvek jumpsuit if I saw any of it was getting on me.
Oh, and one of the studies that didn't show any
connection was one that tracked farmers and their families in I think
it was NC/SC area for over a decade. They found no elevated cancer of
the type the other study implicated, overall the farmers were healthier
than the overall population. I use it and will continue to do so, but
then I'm responsible and not stupid enough to wallow in it either.
I'd bet few of those suing even get it on them much either. It's get
sick, sue, because you can. The TV late nights has ads now, recruiting
more people to sue.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 5/3/2019 5:03 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ralph Moore wrote:
replying to trader4, Ralph Moore wrote:
It has been said that long time exposure to Roundup can cause cancer in some
susceptible individuals.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

You're supposed to spray it on weeds, not on yourself. From what I can
gather, there are many studies that have been done that show no
correlation.

But then again:

https://www.gmwatch.org/en/news/late...lity-new-study
Old 04-05-2019, 04:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 5/3/2019 8:15 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/3/2019 5:03 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, Ralph Moore wrote:
replying to trader4, Ralph Moore wrote:
It has been said that long time exposure to Roundup can cause cancer
in some
susceptible individuals.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ler-12401-.htm

You're supposed to spray it on weeds, not on yourself.* From what I can
gather, there are many studies that have been done that show no
correlation.

But then again:

https://www.gmwatch.org/en/news/late...lity-new-study

"However, although all glyphosate herbicide-exposed first generation
female rats became pregnant, they had a lower number of implantation
sites of fertilized eggs, compared with controls. The second generation
offspring from both glyphosate herbicide-exposed groups showed delayed
growth, evidenced by lower foetal weight and length, and a higher
incidence of abnormally small foetuses.

Also, to the authors' surprise, malformations (conjoined foetuses and
abnormally developed limbs) were detected in the second generation of
offspring from the higher dose of glyphosate herbicide group. Foetal
abnormalities were found in 3 out of 117 foetuses, each one from
different mothers within the first generation of offspring (i.e. 3 out
of 13 litters were affected). A statistically significant correlation
was found between glyphosate herbicide exposure and foetal malformations.

In conclusion, the study showed that exposure during pregnancy to low
doses of glyphosate herbicide impaired female reproductive performance
and induced foetal growth retardation and malformations in
second-generation offspring. It also showed that the industry-declared
no-observed adverse effect level (NOAEL) of 1000 mg/kg bw/day for
maternal toxicity is not a reliable indicator of reproductive safety."
Old 18-05-2019, 08:57 AM

We have weeds/grass growing up in our pebble driveway and just tried 100% white vinegar and it didn't work at all despite the strong smell. Was hesitant to try bleach but as some commented above that it works, will have to give it a try. Anyone have any success using bleach as a weed killer(not on the lawn of course)?