Old 08-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Tim Fischer

Default Buying a Craftmans riding mower??

"Ryan" wrote in message
I am thinking about buying one of those Sears riding lawn mowers. We have
over an acre of grass/lawn. I am 6 foot tall and weight 250 pounds. I am

new
to this, so I would appreciate it if you can tell me which type of one I
should buy. How many horse power, and type of transmission? If you bought
one, how much should I pay? Can I get it cheaper if I go to a Sales ,
catalog store. Thank you Ryan

Avoid Crapsman. They WILL break down after just a few seasons. I had a
self-propelled walk-behind that died after a season and a half, and the
replacement parts (with me doing the repair) cost more than the mower.

If you MUST cheap out and buy a 'budget' mower just buy the cheapest
MTD/Yard-Man/Whatever that you can, and consider it disposable (e.g. you'll
be re-buying in just a few seasons).

As for my recommendation: John Deere.

-Tim