Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Yucca plant How to cut shoots off & transplant them

I live in Arizona, we have a few yucca plants, that had some shoots on them..
I would like to know how you remove those shoots to transplant them..
Do you cut them off or just break them off by hand?
These yucca plants are out doors in our yard, & we would like to transplant
the shoots in other areas in our yard..
We planted these from shoots that we given to us, & just stuck them in the
ground, & they have grown @ least 5 ft tall.
Thanks ..

Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 9 May, 20:06, "Rima" u34054@uwe wrote:
I live in Arizona, we have a few yucca plants, that had some shoots on them..
I would like to know how you remove those shoots to transplant them..
Do you cut them off or just break them off by hand?
These yucca plants are out doors in our yard, & we would like to transplant
the shoots in other areas in our yard..
We planted these from shoots that we given to us, & just stuck them in the
ground, & they have grown @ least 5 ft tall.
Thanks ..

Hi - Living in the UK here, but when we grow these commercially, we
cut the shoots off cleanly with sharp knife. Broken shoots take longer
to root. A cut shoot heals quicker and is quicker to send out new
roots.
Take care
Data
www.gardenseeker.com

Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Thanks U.K. for advice..We'll cut them instead of breaking off by hand.
you take care too

Data wrote:
I live in Arizona, we have a few yucca plants, that had some shoots on them..
I would like to know how you remove those shoots to transplant them..

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]