Old 28-09-2002, 03:16 PM

Default well water

"Chas Hurst" wrote:
I would

very much like a weed free lawn, along with not working for a living,
being independantly wealthy, and healthy to make my doctor broke.
Realistically these things won't happen.

You sure your well isn't already contaminated,or are you using mind
altering drugs?

--
God Bless America - http://members.aol.com/flyitproudly/flag.html

------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
Go#40 Usenet Newsgroup Service
Old 28-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Lisa94

Thanks. The well is atleast 100', or so we have been told.
I will have to do a lot of investigating before we can get rid of these
nasty weeds!

"Doug" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:32:33 GMT, "Lisa94" wrote:

Hi everyone. We just moved to a new house in central Massachusetts that

has
well water. We always used the Scotts system for fertilizing the lawn

but
don't really want to do that for fear of it entering the drinking water

as
we have a well and not a town water supply. How do I go about getting

rid
of the crab grass and getting new grass to grow?

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Lisa,

Ask your county extension office or the EPA what the danger is of lawn
chemicals seeping into your well. Also try to find out how deep the
well is befpre contacting them. If, for example, the well shaft goes
down 100' or so, contamination might not be a problem compared to a
shallow well of say 20'. You can also do some checking on whether
there are crab grass preventive chemicals that leave minimal residual
chemicals (i.e., they do their job and the chemicals dissipate). I
know there are weed killers and lawn insecticides that work fast and
leave little residual chemicals, but I'm not aware of this being the
case for fertilizers, particularly Scott fertilizers which advertise
their "time release" system. You can also ask if there are
substitutes in the fertilizer end that do a reasonable job of
providing nutrients, but I don't know what type of success you'll
have.

Doug

Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 11-03-2009 11:51 PM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 10:23 PM
Well well! Judith in France United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 05:40 PM
Well well! Rusty_Hinge[_2_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 04:39 PM
Well well! Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 1 11-03-2009 03:58 PM